“Best kept secret in Houston”
Review of Crapitto's Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Westheimer
Ingram, Texas
“Best kept secret in Houston”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This little restaurant is excellent. The food is absolutely delicious. Some may find it a little pricey, but once you eat here, you will not complain. The service is perfect and the ambiance is more than you can imagine. This is a long time family restaurant and only gets better each time we visit Houston. We like to go there for special occasions with family members. Try it, you will be surprised.

• Visited March 2014

Houston, Texas
“My favorite business meeting place”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is, bar none, my favorite place for lunch to do business or enjoy a quiet conversation with a colleague. From the moment I pull up in my car, the valet welcomes me by name (I'm not there often enough for this to happen, but it's a plus), and the hostess is ready. Our table is set in a quiet room and the view to the yard in the back suggests that the city isn't all around you. The menu is ample and the food is great. Lunch is delicious. Dinner is even better. Coffee is hot and delicious. Waiters are eager and helpful. Off Mid Lane, it's a quiet spot in a busy part of the city.

• Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great alternative to all the high-end chains in the Galleria area”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I'd rate this higher than Arcodoro the other upscale Italian that is not a chain in the area. On the chain Italian side, though I like it, this rates better than Grotto up the street as well. I've been for both lunch and dinner. Really like the judges salad and the linguini with clams. We've also bought the tomatoes to go.

• Visited August 2013
“surprise”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

we had never liked this restaurant after many tries-but we were invited to a birthday party there and were delighted with the food-and favorably impressed-it has many loyal customers and besides the off putting name of the owner; gave us a very decent meal well prepared with good service-will try again now and order the chicken with artichokes-the salad was very good but highly overdressed-order it on the side, as it was quite good. My husband enjoyed his fish dish as well. Desserts nice. They sell their fresh tomatoes at the counter very nice touch and delicious. worth a visit near the Galleria area. Friendly and casual.

• Visited July 2013
“Always great”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

You can't miss with this locally owned gem. The location is great, in the middle of all the action yet feels like miles away. I wish I had purchased some of Frank's homegrown tomatoes to enjoy later.

Visited June 2013