“Great Filet”

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Ranked #335 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: 610 & Westheimer
“Great Filet”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The service and food are excellent. They understand high-end steakhouse. The atmosphere was a little old school. But that might be a preference for some.

Visited April 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Top Notch”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I've always enjoyed going to Sullivan's, but this location really stands out. First of all, it has a large live music venue attached, with performances several nights per week. My favorite is Groupo Kache (Latin music) that usually plays once per week. Also, the piano guy in the bar area is unreal- there's nothing he can't play.

Okay, about the food- all of the old favorites are here, but the standouts for me are the Shrimp & Lobster Bisque, the Steakhouse Salad, and the Meatloaf (I've only seen it on the menu at lunch).

And, as you might expect, the steaks are superb.

This location is fun because it has a real nighlife, it's not your typical white tablecloth stuffy dining experience.

Highly Recommended.

• Visited April 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Very Classy and Tasty”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I recently visited to celebrate our 7th anniversary. As we entered, the hostess was prepared to seat us; we literally waited maybe 20 seconds before we were escorted to our seats. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and comprehensively explained the signature meals, etc. We ordered steaks (porterhouse, and sirloin), baked potato, and onion rings. The wedge salad with blue cheese was delightful and by far the most crisp, fresh, ice cold salad I've had. The steaks were great but not the best I've had. The baked potato and onion rings went very well with the meal and were exceptional. Also the drinks were strong and worth the money. I only needed 1.

The only complaint I have is that our waitress, while talking to use, once left to answer questions of other table and then returned about 7 mins later. I think she should have informed the table that she would speak with them after taking our order or whatever. Nevertheless, the food was great and definitely worth the amount paid (We had the 2 for $78 where you choose your appetizer, meat, side, and dessert). I would definitely return.

• Visited May 2012
“SO SO SO GOOD!!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The lobster bisque, filet oscar and crab fried rice was all AMAZING!!! I have never had anything bad at Sullivan's and the service is always perfection.

Visited May 2012
“Stay Away”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Food was marginal. Valet became irate when I wouldn't let him park my car. When I left my car had been broken into (in parking lot) and management did mot want to discuss.

1 Thank mossgolf