“Wonderful dinner while staying at Four Seasons”

Quattro at Four Seasons Houston
Reserve with OpenTable
Quattro at Four Seasons Houston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 8,380 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Austin
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice dinner shortly after arriving back at the Four Seasons. It had been quite some time since our last visit to Quattro, but the changes were very pleasant. The atmosphere is very nice, dimly lit with views of the Houston skyline. We dined with two smaller children, and the restaurant proved to be kid-friendly. The starter of mushroom foam was delicious, and whenever one of my younger boys made mention of how good it tasted, the chef came out personally to being him another starter! Wonderful wine and champagne selection. Entree of veal ossobucco was prepared in its own skillet and was incredible with a wonderful polenta. My wife had a beef tenderloin fillet that was excellent as well. The dessert of a creme brûlée tart was different but terrific. Our waitstaff, Tangie, was superb! She took wonderful care of us! I'd recommend Quattro. Conveniently located inside the Four Seasons, great food and wonderful service! We'll be back!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Well, the food was good, but the service was not! We had reservations, but seated in the bar...no food for over an hour. The manager was apologetic and did comp a portion of the dinner, but we see no reason to return.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We ate here on a Wednesday night, before going to a nearby concert. The ambiance of the restaurant was pleasant. There was some delay before the waiter took our order, but the main compliant I have was how long it took to get our simple salads and entree. All around us, you could tell that other tables were also concerned about how long it was taking. We barely made it to the concert by 8:00 pm, and we had been seated around 6:45. My lasagna was very rich, but flavorful. The $14 salad was small for the cost. Maybe it was just an "off" night for the kitchen??

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Mrs G and I enjoyed a Sunday evening dinner here. The service was excellent and the food quality very good. The only criticism I have is that my main course of Red Snapper had too many flavours competing with each other, which distracted from the fish. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed what I had but felt that this was a case where less (in terms of flavour) could have been more. Mrs G declared that her main course of Sea Bass was spot on. To go with our meal we shared some asparagus (slightly lacking in flavour) and the truffle fries (really good but very filling). We were persuaded by our waiter to have a dessert (remember that stressed = desserts spelt backwards!) and after some agonising we shared a Pie in a Jar, basically a roll your own concoction served in a small Kilner jar. We were certainly full up after that! The restaurant has a decent wine list although it's a bit pricey. Being a Sunday, the restaurant was quiet but it still had a very nice atmosphere. Overall, a very good meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Usually, I expect nothing from hotel restaurants, but this one was OK. Nice wine list, excellent bar downstairs, and more than satisfactory food. We ended up eating here though lack of choice the first night, but by choice twice more