“Go early to avoid the crowd. Great lunch spot in downtown tunnel.”

Treebeards Catering
Ranked #1,067 of 8,288 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Go early to avoid the crowd. Great lunch spot in downtown tunnel.”
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Go early to avoid the crowd. Great lunch spot in downtown tunnel.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I LOVE this place. Good...”
Reviewed November 19, 2007

I LOVE this place. Good food, fast, cheap, and near the Metro. I suggest this place when I can.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
“Always good”
Reviewed June 26, 2006

Always fresh, good vegetables! Wonderful cajun seafood dishes. Dirty-rice to die for! Jalepeno cornbread. Everything I've tried has been great! My work uses them for catering all the time and everyone loves it! A vegetarian delight too! Only complaint is they are not open long enough!

Cary, North Carolina, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Cajun anywhere”
Reviewed March 4, 2005

Perfect combination of fabulous food, wonderful setting, and great prices.

Houston, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,070 helpful votes
“Oh wow - the BEST food in Houston. No lie!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2004

I work in downtown Houston and have lived here for 6 years. I am not alone when I say that Treebeards has the best food in Houston. Seriously!

Their meatloaf regularly wins "best meatloaf" awards each year, their chicken fried chicken is amazing, and their gazpacho is divine (only available in certain months though). If you have a sweet tooth, this is the place for you. The strawberry shortcake is divine, the butter cake is wonderful - and the yellow sheet cake with chocolate icing is incredible. When I am feeling very decadent, I have only that for my lunch (the portions are huge!).

Do not miss this place - the food is fresh and terrific. And they have a thriving "to go" business as well.

3 Thank Jemimagold