“Still Pretty Good”

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
“Still Pretty Good”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Its just not the same "experience" since the owner has past away. The food is still good and the rice soup is the best I have had in the city

Visited August 2014

“Best Thai in Houston”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking. For authentic Thai, this is the place. The sit on the corner of Telephone and Elgin near The University of Houston. Notice to look at on the outside but don't be shy. I promise you will be pleased with the first bite. The Tom Khai Gai is amazing! I also recommend H1 beef, spicy. H6, the chicken with cashews and chili paste is delish! If you like curry you will be pleased and if spicy is not your thing, get the beef with broccoli. The thing I love the most is that the heat of the spice does not overwhelm the flavors.

Spring, Texas
“Thai Yummy!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It's been a long time since I visited Kanomwan and wondered if the quality was still the same since the owner, Mr. Charoenrat, passed away. My husband use to work nearby and we had many a lunch dates there and very fond memories of him.

The decor was still the same and the food still a hit. I started with my usual Thai tea, even though the restaurant is BYOB. The egg-rolls were steaming hot on the inside and perfectly crunchy on the outside. Next up was the Tom Ka Gai (chicken coconut soup) which was spicy and sweet with just the right amount of acidity from the limes. Finally, the green chicken curry! This is not for beginners! It has a thick, spicy sauce that will instantly clear your sinuses.

I have never had a bad meal at Kanomwan and looks like that's still the case.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jealvear
Houston, Texas
“Best Thai Soup in Town!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I love the soup at this restaurant. They have a few choices of soup, and they are all delicious! I think the service is very efficient, although some reviewers feel it is not very friendly. I disagree, their staff mean business, and that business is getting food to your table as quickly as possible.

• Visited May 2014
Houston
“Good food with a sufficient range of spiciness”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I think this place will suit most folks. From those with really sensitive taste buds to the ones who like to sweat and cry over their plates. I do not enjoy spicy food and ordered a chicken Padi Tai. It was delicious, flavorful and not spicy. I tasted my companion's soup and it was pretty hot, but nothing that a generous serving of steamed rice would not solve. The place was pretty packed for lunch, but we did not have to wait. The service was prompt and courteous. I would return there again and would recommend it to others.

• Visited February 2014