“Great Steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Churrascos

Churrascos
Reserve with OpenTable
Churrascos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #214 of 8,142 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Latin, South American, Mexican, Steakhouse, Caribbean, Argentinean, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shepherd
Description: Further south than you have ever been before for dinner.
Houston, Texas
“Great Steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

The steaks we had were great! paired with a great wine recommended by our awesome waiter.
Very South American!

Visited February 2014

Houston,Texas
“Good entrees, excellent tres leches, Very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I took my daughter (it was her 30th birthday) and her husband to Churrascos for dinner. The restaurant was very full with diners. Our waiter was extremely busy but was very friendly. The restaurant menu is very diverse. The steak was very tender and quite delicious, My daughter and her husband order seafood dishes and said the seafood was prepared excellently. We all shared Tres Leches for birthday dessert. Churrascos/America's has the best Tres Leches that we have ever tasted. The restaurant was very noisy but heck most of the popular restaurants in Houston are noisy. Yes I recommend eating at Churrascos because it is a sure hit !

• Visited March 2014
Danville, California
“Good service, food average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

The service here is really good - we were seated promptly (without a reservation) and the server was very attentative. I ordered the ceviche and the presentation was great (in a hollowed out pineapple) - but the fish chunks were too big. When I eat ceviche and it is "cooked" only in its juices I prefer smaller pieces that have more flavor and are less raw. They serve an awesome pair of dips (one is like a chimichurri, the other almost like a chinese hot/sour sauce) along side baked (or fried?) banana chips. It was awesome and they gladly brought refills. There are a number of interesting things on the menu so I would return here again - just would not get the ceviche.

• Visited February 2014
Miami, Florida
“The Best Tres Leches!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have to say, that the highlight of they evening was the desert. The Tres Leches is simply out of this world! Sure, the churrasco was very tasty and well cooked as well as the Gallo Pinto rice but when you try the Tres Leches it makes you wonder why you didn't other three servings instead of ordering dinner!

Visited February 2014
Houston, Texas
“The Best Steak Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

If you want the absolutely most tender, melt in your mouth steak, Churrascos is a must. The steak is beef tenderloin, seasoned with chimichurri served with crispy yuca cake. They start your experience with plantain chips, and two dipping sauces--a chimichurri and red dipping sauces. They serve their signature steak with a plate of various vegetable including yuca, sweet plantains (maduras), and others. My other favorite is the salad churrascos, which is baby mixed greens with marinated heart of palm, tomato, capers, red onion, smoked cotija cheese with cilantro dressing. The desserts are wonderful; my favorites are tres leches, flan, and Alfajores (tiny cookies). I find myself unknowingly continually saying as I eat, "This so good, delicious, oh my this is fantastic!" The restaurant is kept impeccable as far as cleanliness and is decorated to the tea. The service from the time you enter is welcoming and fabulous as well. This a my favorite restaurant of all time! I highly recommend it!!

• Visited February 2014