“Great food in a fast food atmosphere”

Churrascos River Oaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Churrascos River Oaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #290 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shepherd
Description: Further south than you have ever been before for dinner.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I ordered a burrito, wife ordered a salad. Lots of chips and salsa available the salsa bar. Food was great, atmosphere a little daunting. Cement floor, a serve your self on drinks and chips and late on a Friday afternoon pretty crowded. You order first and then find a seat, which proved to be a little difficult as it is a popular place to eat. Lots of children. There is outdoor seating but it was not ready when we arrived. We would go back if we needed good food in a hurry. Not a place for a lingering meal.

1  Thank fish5nc

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have been visiting since I moved to Houston in 1989. I recently visited and was not disappointed. Everything starts with fried plantain chips and a tasty chimicchurri sauce. The ceviche and tres leches cake are the best that I have tasted in town, and the meats are outstanding as well. This time I have the parrillada, a plate with several meats, sausage, and chicken. The grilled vegetables served on the side as very good.

1  Thank melendz
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I'd give this place a 0 if I could, save the food was actually good. My coworkers and I ate here for Houston Restaurant Week tonight. For anyone new to HRW, it's where there is a preset menu from which you choose an appetizer, main course, and dessert for 35/person and 5 bux goes to the Houston Food Bank. A good cause and you get to try out new restaurants.
First, the food is great. The ambience nice. The selection of drinks/wines was actually quite decent. The waiter was average but not terrible. Then comes the bill. First of all, a good waiter would ask the patrons of a large party if this is one bill or individual bills. Our waiter didn't. Second of all, I've eaten HRW many years and this is the first time the bill came with individual prices on each dish. Usually the bill shows 35/person + drink. Here, they list the appetizer price, + the main course, + the dessert. We didn't think much until we started dividing the ticket ourselves and find 30+ dollars unaccounted for. We asked the waiter and he says this is how the restaurant does HRW tickets. So we go back and check again. This time we ask for the manager. The waiter tells us the manager is rechecking our bill. 30 minutes later, he returns to tell us the bill had 2 appetizers added on "by accident." A more understanding person would empathize, "no harm, no foul," right? A cynic would think they're trying to take advantage of a large group thinking we won't know any better and just pay the bill-false charge and all. Guess I belong to the latter group. In any case, this will be the one and only time I ever go here. And I will never recommend this place to anyone, unless, of course, you want to be charged for something you didn't order/eat.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Some restaurants have great desserts, some have great appetizers, and some places you just go for the steak. Whenever I tell people about Churrascos, I tell them that it is my favorite meal from start to finish. I get the same meal every time I go and am never disappointed. I know I should branch out but I cannot stand the thought of not having one of my favorite dishes. I always get the Ensalada Churrascos, the 8oz Churrasco steak, and Tres Leches to finish. Classic, simple, and delicious. If we are really hungry and eating with friends we will order a few appetizers and I have not had a bad one yet.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is by far the best brunch I've ever been to! We recommend it to all of our friends and we take our family here when they come from out of town. It is a bit pricey, but it is worth it. The reason I think it is the best is because in addition to the usual omelette & carving stations, waffles, bacon and other normal brunch items, they have a crepe station which is amazing, the seafood is out of this world amazing - salmon, plantain crusted tilapia & calamari, the sauces to go with them are amazing. The latin french toast is to die for when it is fresh and the desserts are great - the tres leches is the best!!! The service is great, the atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. The only thing I can complain about is that regular drinks like juice and coffee are not included. I've been to both locations on Westheimer but I prefer the montrose one.

1  Thank Miranda A