“food,ambience,service!”

Churrascos River Oaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Churrascos River Oaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #278 of 8,400 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shepherd
Description: Further south than you have ever been before for dinner.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

four of us experienced a wine pairing with 5 courses. The dishes were kept small and
exceptionally tasty. All wines were from Argentina - Malbec's wonderful selection. Our
server (Pedro Teyuca) was wonderful - very knowledgeable about the pairings. Gave us
a lot of information about the wines and why the certain choice of a dish was selected.
I recommend this to all!

1  Thank mecoh

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife, daughter and I ate Easter bruch here. We were very pleased, everything was just perfect. Even with a self-serve buffet style meal for brunch, the service was impecable. The restaurant severed a whole pig baked crispy-skin Latin-style, along with a whole assortment of delectables including roasted lamb, empanadas, calamari, shrimp, beef tenderloin, pasta, and the list went on and on... The desserts were outstanding, from the little cookies to the individual tres leches - a perfect ending to a wonderful brunch. They really work to make the atmosphere cozy and intimate, even in a brunch setting. (Must try at least once list includes their margaritas, calamari and steaks!) A job well done for everyone from the hostess, wait staff, bartenders and manager - you made our Easter that much more special.

1  Thank TexasJack T
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This restaurant definitely maintains the high standards of the Cordua restaurants. The tables and booths are always cozy for every occasion. Patio seating is available depending on the weather. Ceviche and all the other choices are always great.

The waffle, omlet, pasta, and crepe stations are a delight. The dessert table always filled with tasty treats in perfect single serving sizes. And tenderloin and roasted piglet service lines were always busy--which is good because it ensures always the freshest foods available.

This place is great, but I still prefer the Churrascos West Chase location more.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

A quiet yet festive atmosphere, with dead on service, every time. It has been a few years since I have been to Churrascos. I was so happy to see that nothing has changed. The plantain chips with chimichurri still lights up the taste buds and we continued with a plate of chicken empanadas. An incredible steak that melted in my mouth was the high point for me, while my friend ate a plate of seafood...shrimp, salmon, scallops. Not enough room for dessert, but we certainly left happy. Excellent decor service, and food.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We really like to go here for special occasions. It is quiet and the service is great. The food is so good. You get quality food and a really good price. It is not too expensive. It is not too fancy that you feel you have to go elegant with your dress attire.

I definitely recommend coming here if you want a nice eating atmosphere with great food for a special occasion.