“Breakfast of Champions”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is another great stop in Houston. The breakfast was so good. Everything was fresh the orange juice freshly squeezed. The pancakes very fluffy, the eggs fresh and the corned beef freshly made. I would suggest a trip here for breakfast but expect a wait especially on weekends for it is a very popular place.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have to say I have been looking forward to trying Barnaby's for a while but I was very disappointed for my first time. We went by Friday around noon and it was packed. I expected slow service but not this slow. We were seated fairly quickly but our waiter was all over the place and took about 20 minutes to take our order. The place is really loud during lunch time and had a lot of people from friends to families to business meetings. The strawberry lemonade was delicious but the actual burger itself wasnt that great. My co-worker goes here frequently and even said the burger wasnt good this time. It was bland with no seasoning. To top the long hour almost two hour lunch off a child threw a crayon at my table. It was on accident but he never once apologized and his mother didnt make him either. I may come back someday but it will have to be when they arent so busy. Oh yea parking is pretty bad especially when they are busy. There are two small parking lots and street parking.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant provides a casual , cool and fun atmosphere which serves American Cuisine . Barnabys Cafe is a great restaurant preferable for breakfast or lunch but still offers dinner .When I arrived , there was a high volume of guests with no tables . Therefore , I had to wait a few minutes before being sat , due to its popularity .Once seated only a few seconds after , I had a server assist me and thoroughly explain some items on the menu .I proceeded and ordered the waffle fries , Lebanese Chicken Fattoush Salad , Chicken La Jolla and an Apple pie a la mode .If I had known how large the portions were , I would if stopped at the Lebanese Chicken Salad . The waffle fries tasted fresh ,crispy and very rich in flavor once the Blue Cheese fondue , chives and crumbled blue cheese were added.The salad tasted very zesty and pleasant .The Chicken La Jolla was finely marinated and its texture was just on point. Finally , the apple pie a la mode was served warm with vanilla ice cream which tasted heavenly .Overall, I highly enjoyed the dining experience but be prepared to wait a tad , in the busy morning and lunch hours.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was one of my favorite restaurants...reliably good food, great service, nice atmosphere, but last week my car was broken into as was the car next to me. I called to report the breakin the next day and talked to a waiter and gave him my number in case the manager wanted to contact me. Not a word. Very disappointing. It cost me over 200.00 to have my window replaced plus time off from work. I would have thought that the manager would have called a regular customer (once a week almost every week) to have apologized and to find out what my damage was. Since I can rarely get a parking spot in the front, I will not return. I can't afford a $200 dinner. AND they took nothing from my car. So go there at your own risk.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I eat at Barnaby's a lot, because it's reliable, a great value (the portions are huge and I always eat take away a portion for leftovers). The Fairview location is my favorite because of its funkiness, but my most recent experience was dinner with two friends in July 2013 on at the West Gray store. The food is very good. My favorite is the meat lasagna, which I order with "Rosa sauce" (which usually only comes with the vegetarian lasagna; I was fumbling for words on one visit after ordering the meat version and the waiter helpfully asked, "Rosa sauce?"--which must have been the secret of another frequent diner. I have since stolen his/her idea.) On my most recent visit, I had the chicken Caesar salad (smaller portion), which was OK but not up to the standards set by other dishes (such as Mill Valley chicken or the baby back ribs). The salad wasn't bad, but once you've had a great Caesar salad, the bar is set. In this case, the salad had less anchovy and less cheese, which probably made it more "mainstream" but less interesting to this palate. I will try the burger next.