“Well prepared food- decent Italian food for Houston.”

D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #222 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: University Place
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A snug place- but the best of this type of food usually are. Good pasta, sauces- really everything we had was decent. Service was good, no nonsense, which I typically prefer.

There are newer reviews for D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This dining experience was like a trip to a small, quaint Italian restaurant you would find in Little Italy New York, Chicago or Italy. The vibrant smells of garlic, the fresh bread and olive oil on the table, fresh rich smelling pasta and the food stuffs for sale in addition to the prepared foods make this a special local dining experience in the Village. Young and old guests all enjoy this place. Parking in Village garage makes a big difference since street parking is limited and the restaurant will pay for the parking with an exit card upon request. Try this place out for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Both of my experieinces here in the last couple of weeks have been outstanding. I love the three choices for $7.95. Each time I had an eggplant dish - caponata the with first time, and stuffed with ricotta and served with a delicious marinara sauce the second. Both were great, and the other dishes were delicious also. My friends and I loved sitting outside, and our service was good.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We decided to go to this little Cafe/Market after many fond memories of many years past and it was quite disappointing. We had four different lunches and one desert. We ordered the:
- My niece, from Houston, had the Muffaletta and it was the bread that made it average at best. The olive dressing was sparse, the meat average, but on very fresh bread.
- My older sister, from Louisiana chose the Three Item lunch special, which consisted of Chicken Lasagna, vegetables, and house salad. The portions were huge but lacked any real taste. The lasagna was average at best, the vegetables had no taste at all and the house salad was bland.
- My friend from Atlanta had spaghetti with a meat ball. It was beautiful but that didn't last long. The meat ball must have been frozen as it was stone cold in the middle. The only taste that one could taste in the spaghetti was garlic.'
- I, from Florida, chose the C'Amico's Special Sautéed Crab Claws in a white wine and butter sauce. It cost $10 and I go 9/NINE small little blue crab claws. They were pretty but on the verge of dead. The sauce was pretty good when bread was dunked into it. I slowly ate my little claws as others ate and low and behold the waiter picked up the plate of bread and my water glass. I said to myself, he must be going to get fresh bread, why is he taking the rest of the bread away? He didn't come back until later with my drink and NO bread. I didn't say anything, but should have.....guess I didn't want to say anything because I had read complaints about more bread costing money, yes, I am pretty frugal because we eat out most lunches. But I was convinced that he would return because he took bread away.
- The Canoli was excellent. Perfect little crunch and greatness inside.
But I can't give this place more than 2 stars. The service was lacking. Our check came without asking if we wanted desert which was very odd. Our server never once asked if things were ok.
We all piled into the car and started talking and learned that we were all on our best behavior and didn't want to complain. Next time we will know better. Dinner that night was much better and a place right down the road.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Delicious food and attentive service make for a wonderful meal. The lunch menu offers many items....pick any 3 for 7.95. I ate seafood lasagna, Tuscan salad and spaghetti alfredo. It was all delicous. The waiter refilled my ice tea repeatedly and the bread was good too.