“Great way to spend long layover at Houston Airport”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Oregon
“Great way to spend long layover at Houston Airport”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at this place. When we first arrived, I was concerned because the front was really loud, but the hostess took us to the back and we had a wonderful quiet meal with great wine. The food was prepared well. The shrimp, mushroom, crayfish fondue was excellent. My husband had the flounder special which was cooked to perfection. I had gulf shrimp that were amazing. Our service was exceptional and staff were stopping by continuously to make sure are needs were met. The desserts looked incredible, but we were too full to partake. Too bad they are not located in the pacific northwest.

1 Thank pcmcbride1

• Korean first
Baltimore
“Terrible Experience for Me and Others”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have been to this restaurant in Houston Hobby several times and this last visit was terrible for a plethora of reasons. First, our server disappeared on us. When you are in the airport, most of the time you need to be in and out. You need a tentative server. Second, the staff appeared to be having some sort of argument and it was just unprofessional. It was loud and there was bickering back and forth. Our drinks were wrong and they were not happy that we sent them back. We were made to wait because we complained. Unfortunately, the food was just ok and usually, it is great. It was an embarrassment for me because I was with a colleague and I suggested the restaurant.

Other guests were being neglected and everyone was just unhappy. I am not sure that I will be able to go back and I pass through Houston Hobby on a regular basis.

Seattle, Washington
“If I could give six stars for service I would!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

What a great surprise at the Houston airport! I ordered the halibut which was perfectly cooked and served with polenta and a rich browned butter sauce. My husband and friend had shrimp Po boys and my other friend had a fabulous shrimp salad. The food was notable but my gosh what really shined was the service. I have eaten at many restaurants over the years, both high and low end, and I honestly cannot remember having better service. I believe our servers name was Danial. He was absolutely exceptional. He even gave us a brief history and run down of the Pappadeux family of restaurants. Great experience all the way around. This restaurant is also up one level from the terminal which makes it feel like a "real" restaurant and not an airport quickie. Depressed about returning home from Mexico, this stop made reentry a bit easier.

Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food at the airport!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

When was the last time you said, “I had a great meal at the airport?” Ever? Well we did! I wish I flew through Houston-Hobby more often! This place had beautiful plump raw Gulf Coast oysters, all kinds of seafood, fish and generous portions. On top of that, service was excellent! Our waiter was quick and efficient without being a pain in the butt. We both got the raw Gulf Coast oysters, my boyfriend ordered a catfish po’boy that had 2 entire fillets piled on top of delicious coleslaw. I had the fried alligator appetizer, which was a treat. The atmosphere is good and doesn’t feel like a quick meal on the run, with white table cloths and “real” plates. Pappadeaux, please come to Philly!

Madison, AL, United States
“Not your typical "airport food"!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wow, this place was terrific! We didn't go to a standalone Pappadeaux Seafood restaurant while in Houston (although we were very impressed by the related Pappasito's Cantina for Mexican food), but when we found ourselves with time to kill at the airport, we found it to be an excellent choice. It's upper-level location also provides a little bit of a respite from the hustle and bustle down below.

Visited November 2013