“Helpful Tips for Pappadeaux at Houston Airport”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is certainly not standard airport fare and if you are familiar with the Pappadeaux chain you'll be pleasantly surprised to find one at this airport like I was.
Since I had some time on my layover it was worth the walk for me to find this place and I'm glad I did. Here are some tips for you
1) there is ample seating in the bar area so if you are solo or just a couple, consider that if it's crowded
2) the bar also has monitors for you to check status of your flights - as well as a number of tvs to catch your favorite game
3) 5 selections of beer on draft, a full bar, etc make it a good place for a drink
4) the reason you would come here is for the FOOD - it's NEW ORLEANS style seafood as their specialty so if that appeals to you, this is your place.
5) Besides the seafood, the salads are quite good - fresh and full of good ingredients.
6) service was courteous and attentive

Overall I think you can't go wrong here if you like this style of food. I was glad I stopped by and would eat here again.

There are newer reviews for Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We got off on the wrong foot when I went to Pappadeaux's at the Houston Bush Airport Terminal specifically for New England Clam Chowder. They didn't even have it on the menu! It is one of my favorite dishes at Pappadeaux's and I don't know why they don't offer it. I ended up getting a Bacon Burger! (Go figure!) My wife had the Greek Salad which was very good. As previous reviewers have mentioned the music is extremely loud. You almost have to shout to talk to the person next to you. Someone needs to clue the manager in about this. It appears that they are trying to create a Bar atmosphere instead of a classy seafood restaurant. I saw one lady wanting to eat there put her fingers in her ears and walk out. It's that bad! Service was slow and I had to go to another table to get eating utensils. I will say the prices for a Pappadeaux's were reasonable.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Everything about the place is good. I like the location up the elevator in the airport. Its like the elevator transports you outside the airport. I had calamari and a beer to hold me over before my flight and it was good, not great. The spicy salsa was a little too chunky for my liking, requiring me to use a fork to apply it to the squid. Texture of the calamari was nice, flavor just OK.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Although its very noisy and having conversation is sometimes difficult, the food was beyond excellent!! The seafood gumbo is the better we have ever had.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a 6 hour layover so we essentially checked out all the eateries before going to pappadeaux. We both ordered blackened mahi with dirty rice. It was incredibly tasty, and neither of us could finish. Our server was a delightful woman by the name of Morgan. She was excellent. Great experience.