“This is hard to top”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This review is regarding the Pappadeaux at Memorial in Houston.
I have been there several times times now and each time the quality of the food, the attention of the wait staff, and the ambience is very very good. They seem to cater equally well to large groups, couples, and single business types like me.
Now, this is not one of these fine dining places where you look at your plate and wonder where the food is ... no, the servings are well proportioned without being ridiculously Texan.
I have tasted the Prawns (Shrimp), Scallops, two of the fish. All were different, and equally enjoyable. Wash it down with a Shiner Bock, and your night is complete.
This is definitely on my list of "Musts" the next time I return to Houston.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,701)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I thought that San Antonio Pappadeaux's was the best until I tried the one in Houston. Service could not have been better. Three different servers checked on us for refills, etc. The salad was crisp. The shrimp was fresh and very tasty. Baked potatoes were fresh and firm. The gumbo was very good even compared to Breaux Bridge or Abbeville.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a 4 hour layover in Houston and went to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. Had the Gulf Oysters on the half Shell and the Catfish with blackened oysters and shrimp on dirty rice. Wife had the Gluten Free Shrimp/Lobster salad. Both were very good and large portions. Not like anyu airport food I have had in my travels. This was like eating in a downtown restaurant. Highly recommend. Bloody Mary was good too.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The food was very good and the service was good, but the place was extremely loud and noisy. After enjoying our meal, we were anxious to leave and go someplace quieter. Not sure if we will return because of the noisy atmosphere.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wonderful Brunch for the price. Maybe not the best for children...for the price...unless they like all the foods listed. They had everything from omlettes, belgian waffles, eggs benedict, prime rib, gumbo, etouffee, dirty rice, the best catfish ever, seasoned boiled shrip, salmon, fruit, salad, and more. I'm full all over again just thinking about it. Brunch was $24. People took their time. Folks where there already when we got there and were still there when we left. There were 4 stations (shrimp, omlettes/waffles/pancakes, prime rib/ham, and everything else).

1  Thank cyn_mgmt1