“No Seafood like this up north!”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 8,353 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ate at the bar because I was solo and got service like I was in the dining room. Extensive seafood menu focused on fresh day boat, local seafood. Sure its a chain but everything was very fresh. Had the seafood gumbo, which was nice and spicy with lots of shrimp, crab and oysters. Also got a dozen gulf oysters on the half shell--delish! Came with all the fixings to have them how YOU want them. Good beer selection and warm service. All around great visit.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Their gumbo, bisque, salad and shrimp is the best in the Houston area. I love this place. The server Alan is outstanding.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Pappadeaux is a fantastic cajun/fresh seafood restaurant. It is authentic New Orleans food prepared with fresh tasty ingredients. Servers are friendly and fast--as they understand guests are likely in between flights. The food is consistently excellent. Salads great--seafood wonderful. I love the crawfish etoufee. They have a great bar as well. We had a blood orange mojito that was wonderful. Again--using fresh oranges, not a mix. We travel alot and go to many great restaurants. I am amazed to say that we found a great one in--AN AIRPORT!! Who would ever have guessed that? We actually choose flights that go through Atlanta just so we can enjoy this place. I love it.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The menu here is extensive and delicious. I ordered a appetizer for the table and had the seared pepper tuna appetizer as my dinner. There was no room for a real entree after the bread, butter, and fishbowls of beer that kept coming.

One note: the pepper tuna is not pepperCORN tuna..it is red pepper POWDER, like on top of spicy sushi. And the cook was heavy handed with the hot stuff in my portion. Although my tongue was on fire and eyes were watering, it was a hearty portion and delicious.

The appetizer trio includes fried alligator which is delicious and a plebeian will not know the difference bw that and chicken but the spicy creole dipping sauce is the scene stealer...finger licking, gator dunking delicious. The crispy salmon on the plate was good and the crawfish and shrimp fondeaux is so sinful that the crostini is not even needed. You can just spoon that onto your plate and drag it into your mouth and off to heaven.

We also ordered the mozzarella sticks which should be called mozzarella bricks bc that is how they look and how they will sit in my stomach. But who doesn't love fried cheese?

Reviewed January 5, 2013

It's way too loud to even enjoy the food. The food is typical TexMex, but the noise level of the place is almost painful. Couldn't wait to get out.