“Nice Portions and Great Service”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 8,451 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were on a brief vacation in Houston and saw Pappadeaux's from the road. The parking lot was packed, so we thought we would give it a try. We're glad we did. My husband had the shrimp and sausage plate which included red beans and rice. I had the Seafood gumbo with a salad. The portions were good and tasty! The gumbo had the best flavors, although the next time I go there I will probably get the shrimp gumbo since I'm not a fan of oysters. But for seafood lovers, they would enjoy the combination of shrimp, oysters and sausage. My husband was thrilled with his shrimp and sausage plate and found the food to be very flavorful. We will definitely go back again to try one of the many dishes!

1  Thank mops1234
Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed April 25, 2012

this is one of my favorite places, the lobster bisque is delicious, and the oysters are really good too in any of their presentations, I always order salmon diablo is not in the menu but if you ask for it they'll cook it for you.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Papadeaux's restaurants offer excellent service with great seafood not often seen outside of Louisiana. The fish was well fried, and seasoned well. Pleasant decor and excellent service.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

There is a lot of fried food on the menu but I chose the grilled Scallops and they were perfectly prepared.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Delicious Louisiana seafood. There are many choices on the menu, and they range from spicy to mild. Remember to choose an appetizer - my favorite is one of the gumbos.