“Not the best sushi, not close” 3 of 5 bubbles

Kirin II Japanese Seafood Buffet
Ranked #727 of 8,115 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Not the best sushi, not close”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We called ahead because I'm a celiac. I wanted to make sure that it was safe to eat. We explained that I couldn't have MSG or gluten and explained what gluten means. They assured us that it would be fine. The buffet is pricey which I don't mind if it's a good buffet. My husband and son's all agreed that it wasn't good. Once I got there they pretended like no one spoke to me about the celiac. My husband got them to agree to make some sushi rolls fresh for me without gluten and they did. But the language barrier made it impossible to feel safe and limited what I was able to order. The experience left me sad because I hate making a big ordeal of my celiac and I hate a production over food. We won't return and won't recommend it. For those who say the sushi is great, I would have to suggest going to a real sushi restaurant where they specialize in sushi.

1 Thank gwenbraum

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
“Best sushi buffet in Houston!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Kirin has the best sushi buffet in houston in my opinion. Their regular dishes are also good quality

Visited October 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“Best Sushi Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

All the food here is great and fresh. 1st time here. Came for lunch on Good Friday and it was so good. I recommend this place to eat Japaneese food. Sesame Ball are a great dessert. So much sushi to choose from.

2 Thank Lori L
“Oriental Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Craving for crabs? Their King crabs are delicious and serving, none stop, refill. Sashimi and sushi all day - two thumbs up all the time.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NgetzM
Wasilla, Alaska
“huge dinner buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I dined in for a weekend dinner, and found this to be a very comprehensive spread of Japanese cuisine. There were many rolls and sashimi choices, with the sushi chefs working right at the bar. Fresh & baked oysters, crab, and mussels were also available. The seaweed and squid salads were also fresh and excellent. The quality of all the food was excellent, fresh, and at the proper temperature. My best asian buffet experience yet!

Visited November 2012