“New location is wonderful”

Campioni Restaurant
Ranked #446 of 8,246 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Description: Our name comes from the Italian word for champions. We are proud to have been part of this community since 1991. Our goal is to provide you the best food possible from a friendly and attentive wait staff in a relaxed neighborhood atmosphere. Owner Ric Mausser and his staff, led by manager Pam Aman are here to ensure this goal is met. Come see why your friends and neighbors have voted us "1960's favorite Italian Restaurant" (FM 1960 Sun Reader's Poll) Campioni's diverse menu includes Seafood, Chicken, and Veal entrees, traditional and gourmet pizzas, a variety of pasta dishes, salads, and desserts. Our made from scratch philosophy is carried throughout our menu and our experienced staff can accommodate most special requests. We take a limited number of reservations for parties of six or more and seat all others on a first come, first served basis. Banquet facilities are available for groups up to 50. Catering is also available. Menus can be tailored to your specific needs. Please speak with Pam for assistance in planning your special event. Our commitment to the community is evidenced by numerous donations to local organizations and the hosting of countless charitable events. In 2011, Ric was recognized by the Greater Houston Restaurant Association for his efforts and was named Outstanding Restaurateur of the Year. The first time this award has been presented to a restaurateur outside the 610 loop.
Houston, Texas
“New location is wonderful”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have been eating at campionis since they opened and have never been disappointed. Their food is excellent, especially their marinara sauce. We love their new location and the fact that you can now get alcoholic beverages.

• Visited May 2014

Houston, TX
“Great little find!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We happened to be in the Tomball area and were hungry. We found this restaurant on Yelp and decided to try it out. It was sooo good! Based on the recommendations online we had the shrimp asiago as an appetizer. It is breaded shrimp with a artichoke and cheese sauce. Delicious! I ordered Paste Pepato, which is fettuccine in a spicy cream sauce with shrimp. My husband ordered the Tuna Anthony and he said it was cooked to perfection. They also gave him a side of green beans that were very good. Overall we thought this food was great. We went on a Saturday at around 7:45 and had to wait about 30 minutes to be seated. While we were waiting staff came over and took our order for drinks. The atmosphere is casual, and it is not a big and noisy restaurant so that was a plus.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank roxyrocks84
Houston, Texas
“Outstanding food & service”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Since moving from its old location on FM 1960 Campioni's has not lost the home-style touch with great Italian food served in a very good atmosphere.

Visited March 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Oustanding Italian restaurant”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This restaurant is my brother's favorite--they have hosted special dinners there and dine there frequently. Campioni recently moved to a new location, and we went to lunch there. We had the grilled vegetable pizza with side salad--both were amazing. The salad dressing was light and just right. We also had the salmon salad, which includes grilled salmon (cooked to perfection), artichokes, etc. with mixed greens and a splendid lite citrus vinaigrette dressing. Servcie was excellent. I will definitely go back next time I am in Houston.

• Visited March 2014
Houston
“A Nice Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My family tried to go to this restaurant last week, but they had moved to their present location. I decided to go for lunch today, because it is pretty close to our house, now. It is located where the "County Line" used to be on Cutten Road. It's a nice location, in the trees, but they don't have a real sign as of yet. It's attractive from the outside and it feels like a "destination" restaurant. The inside is very nice, if a little sparse. I don't know if they plan on putting up a little more décor, because it is very new. In fact, listening to the conversations the waiters and ( I think) owner were having with regular customers, they had only been opened one day in the new location. The service was friendly, but a little haphazard due to the newness. I ordered the Canneloni, which came with a house salad, and a glass of the house( Straccali) Chianti. It was $6 and a good pour. Most of the wine list seems reasonable. The salad was very good, very fresh, and I liked the vinaigrette dressing. The cannelloni was rather a small serving, but when I paid the bill, I realized it was the lunch portion, so it was two dollars less than the dinner and it was plenty for lunch. The spinach pasta was homemade and very tender. The sauce was delicious and not over-salted as so many Italian restaurants do. It was a meat sauce, so it had some body to it, but not overly meaty. There seemed to be a lot of regulars there, so this place has a following. I think in a couple of weeks, this will be our new Italian restaurant. We have three others within a five minute drive of our house and none of them are this nice or tasty. I look forward to bringing my Italian-American husband here, with the rest of the family.

• Visited February 2014