“A lame attempt at an insult.”

Arpi's Phoenicia Deli
Ranked #620 of 8,357 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have been a customer since 2010 and i have tried to put up with the insults, smart remarks, insinuations and being ignored, but this experience deserves a review. My husband and I ordered our food (pleasantly, I might add) and went to pay for it with the cashier. He gave her exact change and she said " It is very strange for a man to have exact change in his pocket and pay with it. Usually men just give me bills , but its very strange for them to give change." I told her to appease her that I wasn't sure why he had change, but it came in handy, especially since she was giving us two dollar bills back in "change". She went on to say again that she's never seen that and repeated her self again. I went on and said thank you and took the money from her. I wouldn't think it would matter to a cashier which form of payment they received. I think she has too much time on her hands. Her insinuation was that he was cheap because he was giving her exact change. I don't think she thought that one through to well as she is the same cashier who would have given us change had we given her bills only. You missed the mark with that insult. Hopefully she isn't insulting other customers with her lame iq insinuations. Phoenicia could be a better place if they could ensure their customer base had a positive experience when they walked through the door. Personal opinions are best left unsaid in this type of business.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

A wide selection of Mediterranean food is presented in a cafeteria ordering process. You can select the portion size you want from three choices. Great bakery items. Our group enjoyed our choices.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

It's crowded and a little awkward to eat here but worth it. You order then walk to another place to pay. Both lines were a little long and you have to jockey for a place to stand. The tables are small and pushed close together. Looked like lots of people took theirs home. Our kabobs were good! The bread was awesome. Will be back to try some new things. Oh... the bakery is where you pay and wow, what delights were in the cases!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the best food west of the beltway. The chicken shwarma is awesome but they no longer put pickles in them. Make sure you ask for it! After you eat make sure you go to the market next door and get some fresh bakery stuff. Mmm

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The food looks great, and it taste delicious. The only reason, I'm not ever going back is the staff. I'ved been a customer for about a a year, and twice I've been mistreated by the staff. For example today...I nicely ask for my order. I hand over my credit card, and the check out lady asked me for my name. I responded nicely and she looks at her co-worker and asked..."where did she get that from." I was truely hurt, since my grandmother gave me my name, "yanet."