“New 3 Brothers Location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
Austin, Texas
“New 3 Brothers Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Since I was a child - my parents always went to 3 Brothers Bakery when we visited Houston. We live in Austin and it's just tradition. In early December my family (husband/3 kids) went for a fun weekend of visiting friends and eating good food in Houston. Of course - had to pick up some 'moon cake' = poppyseed cake to bring back to Austin for my parents and some other items they/we enjoy. A new location was opened (I guess pretty recently) and I called ahead to make sure the bakery had all the same items the original store had -- the answer 'Yes.' OK - so, we go to the new location (a bit closer to The Four Seasons downtown but still a 15 minute drive. Get there and it's very nice looking but small and the employees know nothing about what is sold. Moon Cake? Huh? Poppyseed? Ahh,, ya, think so. Other Jewish bakery items were not known as well! Time to get your employees trained better, Three Brothers. At least the beloved cake was available for me to take back to Austin. Note -- this is a very pricey bakery and I'm not 100% sure it's worth it anymore.

Visited December 2013

Houston
“Best poppy seed strudel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The memorial City is a real time saver for die hard 3 Brothers fans. The cheese pockets are also superb.

Visited September 2013