“Better than I expected”

Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #1,211 of 8,380 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I understand it's a chain. If so, it's certainly a cut above most fast food chains in the UK, and indeed most 'Mexican' restaurants there. There's not a huge amount of choice, but the food was tasty and cheap - and you can buy beer. Most of the customers appeared to be on a break from work somewhere in the TMC. It was a bit gloomy in the evening, though.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stopped here during a lunch break in the Medical District, Houston. Like others have said, when you walk by during lunch the line is very long, and almost every seat is taken.

PROS: The staff are very quick, when I got into the line, it wrapped through the restaurant and close to the second door on the opposite side of the front door. within about 6 minutes I was already at the counter.

The food was very good, and finding a seat wasn't too bad. I ordered the steak bowl with Guacamole and a drink and spent just under $10.00. Well worth it.

CONS: Eat during lunch hour and it will be crowded.

Summary: If you like Mexican, hungry and find yourself in the Medical district, I would definitely recommend trying Chipotle's.

1  Thank Jimmy S
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Good Value, Basic but sufficently varied Menu (my travelling companion is vegetarian), healthy portions and option to eat in or take back to the nearby hotel. Very popular with locals compared to several nearby food outlets that we did not frequent due to apparent lack of custom.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we walked in the line was very long! We almost turned around and walked out, but my brother wanted to try it! So we waited in line, but to our surprise the line moved very quickly! We only had to wait 5 minutes & the food was delicious! The burrito had to have weighed 5 pounds and only costed us $6!!! It was so worth the wait in line! I would recommend this restraunt to anyone- especially if you are in a hurry!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very good fresh food. The prices are reasonable the service is great! It is very convenient to walk to when visiting the medical center.