“So want to try more stuff!!”

Marines Empanadas Delicias Colombianis
Ranked #1,762 of 9,030 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed July 3, 2017

Again, eating at a new place at my son's suggestion. We went in for a quick lunch bite. We ordered several different empanadas, including the traditional small Columbian one. They all were great. The mushroom/cheese/avocado one was really good, suggested by the wait person gal, who was also really really helpful. Being two uneducated to Columbia food people, she really was good at describing what was what and what were her favorites. I'd say the beef stew one was a little too spicy for me, but son loved it. Can't remember all we had, but they were all great. They were served with two sauces, one a spicy jalapeno that son liked, and the other a chimichurri type that I couldn't get enough of. While there, we saw lots of other good looking foods come out. I definitely want to go back to try some of those other Columbian food dishes. The place, while on the small side, was clean, friendly and inviting. There are booths as well as tables available. Televisions mounted to opposing walls played what I am guessing is the Columbian version of MTV, Overall, it was all good.

Reviewed September 8, 2015

Stopped by for some Colombian empanadas. The place has a pretty good menu with other Colombian food, but empanadas was what I was after. Many selection, I had the meat ones and they were very tasty, well filled and golden brown. Topped with a Colombian soda and I was a happy camper.

Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

Gladis was a fantastic server! I explained to her that I had no experience with Colombian food. She recommended the Bandeja Paisa. It was a blend of fantastic portions of grilled beef,sweet plantain, avocado, pork belly, red beans and rice with a fried egg. The restaurant is VERY clean Gladis was a gem! I would absolutely recommend this to everyone.

Reviewed June 27, 2015

Quaint little place, clean inside with a large menu. Tried and enjoyed the following foods: Empanadas, tamal (large portion, mixed pork and chicken, but had bones in it), and scrambled eggs. For dessert the apple empanada with ice cream was delicioso.

There were many tables that were empty but had dirty plates, and it must have taken 10 minutes before we were greeted and had our drink order taken - plenty of fruits for the flavor smoothie of your choice.

Reasonable for the price, and very good quality. Would come back and recommend.

Reviewed April 1, 2015

Food in Colombia is quite different from other Latin American countries and Marine's offers a broad selection of typical Colombian dishes. Start with a fresh tropical fruit juice: guanabana, mora, lulo or maracuya. Then, try some finger foods, such as Colombian empanadas with the respective hot sauce or Argentinian empanadas (very different in appearence, style and flavor!) or chicharron. There is a variety of empanadas, so trying several kinds provides you with multiple flavors and consistencies. The fresh pan-de-bono (or cheese bread) is excellent, albeit filling. For bigger appetites, try the tamales, but be prepared for a much larger and different looking and tasting dish than the usual Mexical tamales we find in Houston. The soups are substantial, almost a meal in themselves. The main dishes come out in platters, measured for big appetites. The Bandeja Paisa reflects the Northeastern part of Colombia, while the sancocho de gallina hails from the center. Other regional foods will give you an idea of the great variety of foods in this tropical paradise. Save room for dessert and, of course, coffee.

2  Thank Gabriel H