“Pretty much the same as any Brazilian steakhouse”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The concept is a Brazilian steakhouse where the servers walk around with different cuts of meat and you can eat all you want for one set price (I think it was $46 a person). This price includes a wonderful salad bar, but for me personally I do not pay $46 for salad so I skip right to the meat. I did try my wife's lobster bisque from the salad bar and it was quite nice. The cuts of beef generally include a sirloin, a skirt steak, a filet, a beef sausage, a cut of pork, and usually a bacon wrapped piece of chicken or turkey. This is pretty much what they had here. If you have never been before I would probably try everything, but if you want to fill up on the best stuff I recommend going lightly or even passing on everything but the filet of beef and they had a separate bacon wrapped filet of beef. Those were pretty darn good. They have a decent wine list and we enjoyed a couple of glasses. I also had some Ginger Peach tea. At $5 a bottle for tea I thought that was a little bit much especially considering if they just brewed some tea it would probably not cost them more than a $.25 glass if that much. We were celebrating the birthday's of three ladies and we got three desserts on the house. That was nice. We had the chocolate mouse cake, very good, and the crème brulee (not bad, but I have never had a crème brulee that really stood out in my mind). I did not try the lemon dessert. Brazilian steakhouses are a novelity that are fun to go to every few years, but if you know what kind of steak you really love, I prefer to go to a steakhouse and order a whole steak of that cut (NY Strip, filet, ribeye, whatever) rather than wait for someone to come around and give you bite size pieces of steak and then wait again. I will say I have actually been to a steakhouse in Brazilian I give these these American versions props for being very authentic/almost identical to their Brazilian counterparts. Lastly they serve the best little cheesy breads (just like every other American-Brazilian steakhouse I have ever been too).

Reviewed December 27, 2013

First must advise that we visited Texas de Brazil the night after a feast at Perry's steak house, so that was still present in my mind (and likely stomach!) when here.

Anyway, the venue is very nice and spacious and our party of 10 was seated quickly. The varieties of meat (steak, pork, chicken, more steak) came out thick and fast whcih was pleasing. In regards to drinks however, not once was I asked if I would like a drink, nor did I see others with drinks that hadnt had to ask for them.

Down to the important taste test and this is where my expectations were not lived up to. All the cuts were nice enough though were not exceptional in taste worse luck, so was not able to rave about the place as had hoped!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went there for dinner on Nov/20/2013. I try to go to all Brazilian spots to compare with the real thing south of the Equator (where I am actually from), what a disappointment! For $47/person we barely tasted 4 types of meat each. Salad bar is probably 1/4 of the size and options offered at Fogo in Houston and the price is not so different. Service is good, but I didn't go there for the service!!!! The biggest shortcoming, however, is that they try to squeeze pennies out of the quality of items served. The shaved parmesan cheese (served in its own carved disc - ubiquitously marked Grana Padano all around) was NOT the real thing. They threw in some parmesan in there, but certainly not the always excellent Grana Padano. All in all, will never go back in there and I hope this teaches them that they cannot fool a lot a people for a long time.

1  Thank brazuca_em_houston
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I went for the first time last night with my husband. I'd been to Fogo de Chao so I was familiar with the concept. First of all, the decor is beautiful and the waitstaff very friendly. The salad bar is quite large by most standards but I think the one at Fogo de Chao may be larger- regardless you will be certain to find something that appeals to you. Our server quite easily talked us into trying a caipirinha (the national drink of Brazil) before dinner. He billed it as a mojito without the mint made from sugarcane. It reminded me of the syrupy sweetness of a premade mojito mix. It wasnt bad, but I didn't have another. This was my first caipirinha ever, so for all I know, they all taste like that. I tried many of the meats- I was especially excited for the lamb, but was disappointed when I got it. It was very good, but some other reviews had really made me set my expectations high (maybe too high). My favorite meat was the filet. The chimichurri sauce was fabulous! Also, just as a side note, the mirrors someone else mentioned weren't an issue for me. I had visions of the mirror maze at Perry's in Memorial, but Texas de Brazil was nothing like that. A caipirinha and 2 glasses of wine later and I found my way through the restaurant just fine. ;)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

One of the best spots to have a calm dinner in a beautiful atmosphere. If you like well done meats please state to your host. Excellent service and foods. For two we spent well over $$$. But a great time for a nice evening with the one(s) you care about or business team.