“Expected to be better”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Texas de Brazil is no ordinary steakhouse. It’s a dining experience like no other. Here, traditions of Brazilian cooking blend with Texas hospitality to create a lively atmosphere in an upscale setting. Your meal begins with a visit to our extravagant salad area where you can indulge in a wide array of seasonal roasted vegetables, fresh artisan breads, charcuterie, imported cheeses and other specialties. Then enjoy the rodizio-style dining that has made us famous. An endless parade of gaucho servers visits your table with skewers of freshly grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage carved directly onto your plate. It’s all served with authentic side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread and sweet fried bananas. To complement your meal, select from our award-winning collection of wines or traditional Brazilian bar creations. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of our decadent à la carte desserts.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

First must advise that we visited Texas de Brazil the night after a feast at Perry's steak house, so that was still present in my mind (and likely stomach!) when here.

Anyway, the venue is very nice and spacious and our party of 10 was seated quickly. The varieties of meat (steak, pork, chicken, more steak) came out thick and fast whcih was pleasing. In regards to drinks however, not once was I asked if I would like a drink, nor did I see others with drinks that hadnt had to ask for them.

Down to the important taste test and this is where my expectations were not lived up to. All the cuts were nice enough though were not exceptional in taste worse luck, so was not able to rave about the place as had hoped!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went there for dinner on Nov/20/2013. I try to go to all Brazilian spots to compare with the real thing south of the Equator (where I am actually from), what a disappointment! For $47/person we barely tasted 4 types of meat each. Salad bar is probably 1/4 of the size and options offered at Fogo in Houston and the price is not so different. Service is good, but I didn't go there for the service!!!! The biggest shortcoming, however, is that they try to squeeze pennies out of the quality of items served. The shaved parmesan cheese (served in its own carved disc - ubiquitously marked Grana Padano all around) was NOT the real thing. They threw in some parmesan in there, but certainly not the always excellent Grana Padano. All in all, will never go back in there and I hope this teaches them that they cannot fool a lot a people for a long time.

1  Thank brazuca_em_houston
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I went for the first time last night with my husband. I'd been to Fogo de Chao so I was familiar with the concept. First of all, the decor is beautiful and the waitstaff very friendly. The salad bar is quite large by most standards but I think the one at Fogo de Chao may be larger- regardless you will be certain to find something that appeals to you. Our server quite easily talked us into trying a caipirinha (the national drink of Brazil) before dinner. He billed it as a mojito without the mint made from sugarcane. It reminded me of the syrupy sweetness of a premade mojito mix. It wasnt bad, but I didn't have another. This was my first caipirinha ever, so for all I know, they all taste like that. I tried many of the meats- I was especially excited for the lamb, but was disappointed when I got it. It was very good, but some other reviews had really made me set my expectations high (maybe too high). My favorite meat was the filet. The chimichurri sauce was fabulous! Also, just as a side note, the mirrors someone else mentioned weren't an issue for me. I had visions of the mirror maze at Perry's in Memorial, but Texas de Brazil was nothing like that. A caipirinha and 2 glasses of wine later and I found my way through the restaurant just fine. ;)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

One of the best spots to have a calm dinner in a beautiful atmosphere. If you like well done meats please state to your host. Excellent service and foods. For two we spent well over $$$. But a great time for a nice evening with the one(s) you care about or business team.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

*****TIP: sign up for their email program and you will receive a free entree coupon ($40+ savings) for birthday and a free dessert coupon for an anniversary. Unfortunately, we married on my husbands birthday. They would not honor both, which I think they should have if we could prove it. But nonetheless, the free meal was well worth it.

Other than than the location (City Centre) and decor (warm/contemporary with mirrors everywhere, nothing stood out on the food itself. The food was good. You feel like pig eating all of that meat and you pay a nice price for it.

The grape and cheese salad on food bar was very good. The carrot cake was just ok. It tasted like it was frozen and the key lime pie was just ok as well.

But for the most part, unless we are feeling like we are having a Carnivore fit, we will wait to return next year.