“Great find!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Loganville, Georgia
“Great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love Cajun food. I have had some really good Po Boys and gumbo in New Orleans and Cajun Stop could compete with those. I had the shrimp and chicken gumbo which had that very authentic taste and aroma. The oyster po boy had fried oysters that were not overcooked and bread that was not overtoasted. The service was first rate. This is one of those classic "hole in the wall" places where you may have a "businessman" sitting on one side and a construction sitting on the other. Highly recommended!

“Why the good reviews?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

As I write this, I'm sitting with my girlfriend at another restaurant after leaving the Cajun Stop with disgust. We ordered the frog legs and they brought what looked like chicken drums, but we kept an open mind. After trying a piece, we soon realized there was nothing cajun about it. It was just fried frog legs with absolutely no flavor. We tried to fix it by adding salt and ketchup, but eventually decided that we shouldn't have to sit there and try to fix our food. We decided to order something else and ordered the beans and rice and fried oysters. They brought the beans and rice, again no flavor and it tasted burnt. We decided to cancel the order of oysters and left, never to return. What is wrong with some of you giving this restaurant those great reviews? You're the reason I went there and wasted my time. Haven't you ever tasted real cajun food before,

Austin, Texas
“BEST CAJUN! EVER!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This little hole in the wall restaurant can run circles around all the other Cajun restaurants we've ever eaten at. WOW! From the daily specials that are simply amazing to the generous portions on the lunch menu you will be treated to good home cooked Cajun dishes. The fried catfish surprises me every time - I eat it with my fingers and there is simply no greasy oily residue. You must try the "crack sauce" - a very addictive twist on tartar sauce that I could eat on anything! The owner Lisa and all her employees make you feel like your family. Don't go in here looking for "FANCY" this is just amazing food prepared to perfection! There's a reason Cajun Stop has been voted best PO-Boy in Houston but the awards shouldn't stop there!

Houston, Texas
“Absolutely my favorite Cajun Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Oh sweet Jesus. Thank you for The Cajun Stop. They recently underwent a name change. It use to be Calliope.

During crawfish season, that is generally what I order. They cook the crawfish in the seasoning rather than sprinkling the seasoning on after they are cooked. They boiling of the bugs is near perfection. The meat is easily pulled from the shell.

I have also had their shrimp po-boy which is delicious. My favorite po-boy is the grilled shrimp. The French bread on all the po-boys would give the French something to aspire towards but is perfectly crispy on the outside and soft as cotton on the inside.

I have also tried their red beans rice and sausage. I am not a big fan of theirs.

The bread pudding with rum sauce is out if this world. If you are too full be sure to order one to go.

Love this place and the staff is as wonderful as the food.

• Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“Best Houston Po Boy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here many times over the past 4 years since it opened. Service can vary from average to good. The one constant about this restaurant is that it serves outstanding po boys. The best in Hiuston and as good as any that you will find in South Louisiana.

I think the shrimp and roast beef po boys are the best but you decide. They make one called the surf and turf (shrimp & roast beef) that is the best of both. The key ingredient is their bread which makes the sandwhich so good. My favorites sides are either the sweet potato fries drizzled with honey or the shrimp chips which are hard to find anywhere else. Their crawfish is excellent too when in season. I also like their gumbo's.

It is somewhat a whole in the wall restaurant that is in a non descript shopping center near downtown but the interior is regionally decorated with Cajun music playing.

I give it 5 stars because while it does serve other dishes it is primarily a po boy shop that is without equal in Houston. I strongly recommend!!!

• Visited May 2013