“Absolutely my favorite Cajun Restaurant”
Review of The Cajun Stop

The Cajun Stop
Ranked #2,025 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Oh sweet Jesus. Thank you for The Cajun Stop. They recently underwent a name change. It use to be Calliope.

During crawfish season, that is generally what I order. They cook the crawfish in the seasoning rather than sprinkling the seasoning on after they are cooked. They boiling of the bugs is near perfection. The meat is easily pulled from the shell.

I have also had their shrimp po-boy which is delicious. My favorite po-boy is the grilled shrimp. The French bread on all the po-boys would give the French something to aspire towards but is perfectly crispy on the outside and soft as cotton on the inside.

I have also tried their red beans rice and sausage. I am not a big fan of theirs.

The bread pudding with rum sauce is out if this world. If you are too full be sure to order one to go.

Love this place and the staff is as wonderful as the food.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here many times over the past 4 years since it opened. Service can vary from average to good. The one constant about this restaurant is that it serves outstanding po boys. The best in Hiuston and as good as any that you will find in South Louisiana.

I think the shrimp and roast beef po boys are the best but you decide. They make one called the surf and turf (shrimp & roast beef) that is the best of both. The key ingredient is their bread which makes the sandwhich so good. My favorites sides are either the sweet potato fries drizzled with honey or the shrimp chips which are hard to find anywhere else. Their crawfish is excellent too when in season. I also like their gumbo's.

It is somewhat a whole in the wall restaurant that is in a non descript shopping center near downtown but the interior is regionally decorated with Cajun music playing.

I give it 5 stars because while it does serve other dishes it is primarily a po boy shop that is without equal in Houston. I strongly recommend!!!