“A Family Affair”

Ni Hao Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1,647 of 8,548 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stopped by for a lunch take out order of chicken sticks and soup. Note that you must have a minimum $10 order to use a charge card. This appeared to be a family run business with Mom, Dad and adult children active in the preparation of vegetables. My order really took a long time considering I was the only one there. The chicken was average, coming battered and deep fried rather than grilled. The hot and sour soup was very good.

1  Thank MrOcho

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This place is nothing to look at, very small, dated interior, but the food is fresh and awesome. It seems to be a truly authentic Chinese Restaurant. It is my new favorite Chinese restaurant in the Houston area. I live in West Houston and drove 20-30 minutes to Southwest Houston to get what I used to believe was the best Chinese in Houston but this place rivals it. I was thoroughly satisfied and can't wait to go back and often.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a small Chinese restaurant in the Memorial area. There are only 9 tables there. I ordered the Four Seasons, which has vegetables, shrimp, chicken, beef, and pork. Although I thought it was expensive at first, I had plenty of food with some leftovers. The food is excellent and masterfully prepared. I did not eat in the restaurant, but took it home instead. They also offer delivery service in the area. The restaurant has photographs of the food, along with the name, lining the walls. I would recommend Ni Yao if you are in the Memorial area.