“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wonderful food. Great waiter. Didn't have a reservation but they took us to a table right away. They made recommendations that were great. We can't wait to go back for more. Loved this place.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great food with excellent service. Paleo food cooked by a chef that really knows what he is doing. This restaurant also hasa great bar. If you want a night out with friends and great food visit this place.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Well all I have to say about my dinner at Corner Table was my, my, my. From the salad to main course to dessert. When my friend said would you like dessert I said “I’m not stopping now.”
As the waiter said just close your eyes and point and whatever you pick will be good. I would highly recommend it for a special occasion. Mostly American food and highly creative with wonderful spices. $15 is probably the least expensive dish, it is expensive and you need reservations. It was packed on a Monday night. Valet parking (required) is $5.00.

GO! But plan to spend some bucks……

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Plenty of reminders here of the old Ruggles especially with the wide variety of menu items, the presentation of the food with multiple types of veggies, and the huge selection of desserts. But this place is Ruggles on steroids. I am 53 and I felt like a fossil in this place which is designed to cater to the 25-40 crowd. On a Thursday night, the restaurant was crowded and very loud, with a high proportion of tables filled with gals having a night out. Oh, did I mention the place was rather loud?

The food is good, not excellent. One of the problems when a restaurant has so many items on the menu is that most things are decent, but hardly none are great. I had the French Onion soup which was average in flavor and the lamb chops which were rather small compared to the portions of other restaurants where the food is the main attraction. My wife had the sea bass which she proclaimed was excellent but went half uneaten (see comment below from another reviewer about red sauce).

Service ranged from inconsistent to good. Again, not horrible but not wonderful. They have runners who bring entrees, appetizers, and desserts to the table and they don't necessarily know who gets which dish. For an upscale restaurant, they should know who ordered what - and there were only two of us. And it took three tries to get the dessert we actually ordered.

Bottom line is that if you want to see and be seen with the upscale and those aspiring to be upscale but who are only hip, then this is the place for you. The food is decent, perhaps above average in some respects (like the desserts), but you will have to raise your voice in order to be heard by your companions at a four-top (the women across from us were nearly shouting). I would go back but I wouldn't make a habit of going here, either.

1  Thank Jon5839
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Corner table has great food, fun bars, live music out door patios and a very cool, funky, fun vibe! You will see a cross section of ALL Houston there! It is packed every night!! Was there 2 times in a week.