“Outstanding”

Virgie's
Ranked #1,383 of 8,310 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Found out about this from an article in Houston Chronicle. It's hard to compete in Houston for BBQ, since there are a lot of good places (still open and some closed), but the BBQ at Virgie"s is Outstanding. We didn't realize that they closed @ 2:00 on Tuesday. I tried the door and it was locked and I was about to walk off to try another day, but owner Adrian came and unlocked and let us in.
Wife had the 3-meat dinner (Brisket, Pork Ribs and Sausage) w/ baked beans and coleslaw. I had the 1/2 Chicken dinner w/ potato salad and baked beans. When I go to a BBQ place that I haven't been to, I always try the chicken, since it's hard to get correct, if you do good on the chicken, then all the rest should(?) be good. Well... the chicken was great! I tried some of my wife's meat (after some protest), the ribs are some of the best that I've had (tender and falling off the bone, brisket was moist and good, and didn't get enough of the sausage to really tell. The sides were good.
Virgies is a little small, but plenty big enough to sit down and enjoy the meal, but since we live just down the street, we took ours home and broke out the roll of paper towels....
Highly recommend Virgie's and we will be back to try the Chopped beef sandwiches and stuffed Baked potatoes.

There are newer reviews for Virgie's