“Very distinctive tasting food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Just Dinner

Just Dinner
Reserve with OpenTable
Just Dinner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #388 of 8,149 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas, United States
“Very distinctive tasting food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had dinner here for my wife's Christmas party. It's a small place, but don't let the size fool you. They have amazing food.
The restaurant is quaint with a cool ambience and it was very nicely decorated for the holiday.
We had 4 courses. We had a salad, which was very flavorful with a sweet vinegarette, spinach leaves, pear slices, and cranberries and perhaps goat cheese. It was great. We also had the pumpkin soup. YUM!!!!!!! This is a must try. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the flavor. It's unusual, but delicious.
I had the filet mignon with fresh vegetables and garlic mash potatoes. What a great blend. It had some sort of sweet vinegarette or gravy that added an awesome sweetness to it to give it a great contrasting

• Visited December 2013

Houston
“Just great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We love this place. It is a BYOB (wine) and that gives everybody an opportunity to bring the wine(s) they like and then choose great food to go with the wine. It is popular and small but being able to talk with friends and enjoy a great meal is so special.

• Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“romantic, great food, great service, gluten-free, BYOB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I went here for a romantic dinner. Parking lot, noise level acceptable, cosy. Really excellent service. My husband has celiac and needs to eat gluten-free and the owner came over and indicated what he could eat on the menu. Was almost everything in the appetizers and salads, and all entrees. Only the pastas and most desserts were out. Started with a little complimentary delicious hummus and chips which my husband could eat. The pork belly starter was amazing and everything we had was terrific. Nice thing was that the only dessert my husband could have was creme brulee, which is not unusual. What was unusual was thta this was not at all bland , but a spiced apple version that was great. We brought a bottle of wine and there was a reasonable $8 corkage fee. Again, really excellent service from out waiter Tony. We were totally pleased, couldn't find a flaw. We will be back often.

• Visited October 2013
“Just Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hidden gem not as well known as it should be. Reservations are best because of the limited number of tables. Great food and great service. BYOB lowers the overall cost despite corkage fees. Can't over estimate the total value. You get a lot for what you pay.

• Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
“AWESOME AND COZY PLACE for relaxing dinners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I went there to celebrate my girlfriend birthday, and I could be better. The attention of the staff was brilliant. They inform us about the menu, and made us great recommendations. The food, probably one of the best I had in Houston. We get filet mignon and pork. Simply great! The sauce on the pork remind me the steak with Pedro Ximenez that is typically from my hometown in Spain (and even they were playing relaxing flamenco during or dinner; what else?). An the desserts, no words... outstanding. I usually don't like to get dessert on restaurants, but this is the place I would repeat. I got something cold in the bottom and hot on the top with Pecan, and my girlfriend a kind of chocolate cake with banana... Yummy!!!! And at the end, we got an excellent homemade limoncello. 100% happy with my decision! Another great point: it is a BYOB.
Just one thing they can improve: the place is quite small, and the kitchen is inside, so there was smoke in the dinning room, and it smells to food.
Overall, fantastic experience. I would repeat for sure!!!

• Visited September 2013