“NO SPACE, HORRIBLE SERVICE, OVERALL ANNOYING EXPERIENCE!”

Star Cinema Grill Vintage Park
Ranked #36 of 106 Fun & Games in Houston
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The minute I walked into the room, I was already disappointed. There were only four rows with eight seats in each one. I took a seat at the back, like I usually do. The problem was, there were people at both ends of the row, blocking the way to the seats, and there was no space for me to walk, so the only thing I could do ( to avoid disrupting the other people ) was to squeeze underneath the table, which I did. The thing is, there was absolutely no space in the row, so I couldn't simply walk to my seat like I could at a normal theater. Then, the waitress came up to me and told me to write down my orders on a piece of paper so, when she came back, she could just come get the piece of paper and take my order. So she left, and I wrote down my order. Guess what? She never came back. Not until the end of the movie, TO GET SOMEONE ELSE'S ORDER. Overall, it was a very annoying experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I turned up at the cinema 10 minutes before the feature was due to start, having never been to an Alamo Drafthouse cinema before. They took time to explain the environment and process for ordering food and drinks that could be delivered during the feature itself!
The quirky 'no talking, no cellphone' communications were humorous and it was refreshing to see people abiding by them.
The food itself was creative Americana: I had a grilled chicken breast burger with a tapenade applied to the bun (which apparently was also baked on the premises). Quality was good, portions thankfully not the usual Texan size (HUGE) and the drinks choice very impressive. The only downside was the temperature of the food - barely warm when it arrived: aside from that, it was a good way to kill a couple of hours on a business trip when travelling solo and I wouldn't hesitate to return there again.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's a good place to see a movie if you want a sit-down dinner and some draft beers. Not really different from the other Alamo Draft Houses around Houston, but it's nice. The food is not great but it's pretty good.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Watched "The Heat". Loves the audio recording on the angry customer, it reminds everyone that we are there to watch a movie and not text or talk. Glad to see a theatre get serious about that.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I just saw the new World War Z movie here. At no other movie theater would you have free face painting to turn you into a zombie. Seriously, they had professional make-up artist turning people into zombies for free, and this wasn't opening night. It was great, zombies walking all over the place (see pics).

I would recommend getting here 20-30 minutes prior to the movie start time. The theaters fill up fast and the ordering process goes much more smoothly in the light and when there aren't 100 other people ordering food. The food is a little pricey, but the quality and environment makes it worth the extra. This place definitely beats out the Movie Tavern any day of the week. Enjoy!