“Absolutely wonderful ”

Lucy's Ethiopian Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #616 of 8,400 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Friends and I decided to go try out something different and I was very impressed. The service was friendly , food was fantastic. They even offered us a small sampler of their honey wine!! Will definitely be back and will take friends there too. We ordered the sampler and the meats I found more delicious than the veggies !

1  Thank Ayeshahalam

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Surprisingly poor customer service outweighs their surprisingly good food. We've been about five times since they opened, returning each time with the fading hope that their staff would finally learn to wait tables, maintain an accurate bill, provide any semblance of front house / back house coordination, or even just learn to pay attention to our basic needs as diners. But no, each time we returned to worse service than the last. This last time was the last straw: hoping to avoid the snafu of poor dining service, we tried take away but were met with disrespect, hostility, and plain-old-fashioned rudeness. And to top it all off, they up-charged us for one extra piece of bread and drastically reduced the portion size of the take away entre, something they had never done previously when we ate in. We will not return again, despite their lovely food that is interesting, exotic, consistent, and delicious.

1  Thank Bonbongt
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We took the kids here and had a great time. The kids loved the food, although they had to keep a good attitude about the spicy food. Woo! Really a great place. We had the meat and veggie combo platter which was enough for the four of us.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I went to this restaurant only because I had a Groupon voucher. The desk at the nearby motels where I was staying said the food was very good but very spicy. We arrived early in the evening to an empty restaurant. The staff was very helpful in decoding a rather mysterious menu. The prices were reasonable and the food exceptional. I only hope they can stay in business as they well deserve to.

It is a very short walk from both the Hilton Southwest and the La Quinta Inn for people staying at either of these places.

1  Thank wgn
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Myself, my wife and a friend were seeking a unique dining experience in Houston and came upon Lucy's. We really had no idea what to expect and decided to have our waitress pick our meal for us. She was spot on in her recommendations and we enjoyed our meal immensely. My wife is a vegetarian and my friend and I are both meat eaters and we all had an excellent meal.