“Great Burgers”

Ruby's Diner
Ranked #163 of 8,666 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There are other options but the burgers we had were excellent. We tried a couple of them but I recommend the blue cheese one. Fries were also tasty, and the milkshake I got was delicious. It's priced like a diner at an airport, but still not that exorbitant.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

This is my first trip through the new terminal E. Had a decent layover and wanted a small meal and hopefully some local micro brew. My departure gate E15 and decided to check out what was around. Construction was still going on. So I wandered up the ramp and saw Ruby's. There was a sign that said "good cold local beer" on the lighted marque. So I asked the host if she had a list of what was on tap. She said St. Arnold's and I found a seat at the bar. Service was quick, and I had a cold beer in hand. The guy sitting next to me was enjoying a massive cheeseburger. They had chicken tenders on the menu. So when the waiter came back over, i told her that option looked good. She did tell me that the tenders were larger than most people expect. So about 10 minutes later she show up with this cone shaped basket. There were 4 sauces on small cups around the cone. Very tender, spiced just right, and large. Another St. Arnold's and it was time to get to my flight.

I will come back and go for one of the burgers, and more "good cold local beer". The only negative was the TV monitors were mounted over the bar.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

On the way to Montego Bay, we connected in Houston. We wanted a good breakfast for the 3 hour flight and yes it was good. I ordered eggs, pancakes, potatoes and bacon. My wife had a breakfast sandwich and added mushrooms. We enjoyed the breakfast and I shared the pancakes with my wife.

On the way back, we had an hour between flights. We went back to Ruby’s. I ordered the classic cheeseburger and my wife ordered the mushroom Swiss. Both burgers were huge and delicious. Our waiter, his name might have been Jose, was very understanding. I was sort of rushing him and he did not lose his professionalism. The burgers were some of the best we’ve had in a while.

If your are in Houston at the airport, I would highly recommend Ruby’s if you need a full stomach before boarding.

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Following a long drive food was required for six adults and three children, a table was quickly sorted and service was efficient and friendly.
Children’s menu, vegetarian menu and meat menu all provided sufficient choices to keep everyone happy.
The food tasted great and fresh, washed down with a draught Shiner, a great way to sat goodbye to Texas......for now.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Unfortunately, our terminal at IAH had limited food. Ruby's Diner was average but with quick service. The cost for 2 (without drinks or desserts) was $28 before tip.