“Don't miss this Houston experience”
Review of Shipley's Donuts

Shipley's Donuts
Ranked #13 of 96 Bakeries in Houston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 19, 2014

There are Shirley's Donuts everywhere and there's a reason the drive-through is full and there's a line at the counter. These are some great donuts! The chocolate filled donut is glazed and filled with whipped cream. Other fillings include apple, blueberry, and lemon. My husband always has raised donuts so they must be good too. I haven't been able to stray from the filled selections. Btw, the devils food is filled with chocolate....

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wow what value and great donuts. Just like Berliners from Germany, creamy, fresh and soft - not stodgy and heavy like other donut chains.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you love dounuts, this is the place to go. Krispy Kream couldn't compete with Shipley's doughnuts. Hot and fresh. Good tasting and always served with a smile. Make sure that if you buy a dozen tat you have friends to share it with. You might find yourself eating the entire dozen.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Fresh, juicy and tasty donuts. Best in town - Hands down. The place was crowded though and i had to wait for some time, but it was worth the waiting. Good environment and people were friendly.

1  Thank whitecake2000
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We made the block because of the traffic early on a Monday morning. I walked in, bleary and unknowingly 'cut in line'. A nice young man alerted me and I apologized, coffeeless and hungry.

As the line approached the counter, I learned from the same young man that he had read that THIS SHIPLEY'S location was reputed to have the BEST 'kolaches' in the entire chain.

Hubby had to have the Apple Fritter, a family tradition. I opted for a cinammon twist. We both had the kolaches, his with cheese, mine plain.

The pastries were excellent, he scarfed down the fritter and I couldn't wait to bite into that sausage wrapped in delicious dough. WOW!

I knew that when we walked in and saw the Houston Police officer in the kitchen, talking and laughing with the cook and servers, who, by the way were friendly and fast.

I'll make this a regular stop in Houston, no doubt.