“Great atmosphere, good Chinese, nice bar/wines”
Review of Cafe Ginger

Cafe Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #558 of 8,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Driscoll/South Shepherd
Houston, Texas
“Great atmosphere, good Chinese, nice bar/wines”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just want to say again that Cafe Ginger is a great spot if you're in mood for solid Chinese food in a very nice atmosphere. The lunch specials are inexpensive, and plenty of food (I always take home half my entree). The bar is quiet, the service is solid. A great go-to spot for lunch or happy hour, and I can only assume - also for dinner,

• Visited May 2014

“Bad chinese food”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We live close to Cafe Ginger and have been looking for a good chinese take-out option that isn't a chain...and this was not it. We got very basic things like mongolian beef and sweet and sour chicken and it was just flat out not good. The place is decorated very over-the-top and the place was dead on a saturday night when we arrived to pick up our food--not a good sign. We've never returned.

• Visited September 2013
“Outstanding”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We met friends at Café Ginger which they recommended. The décor is frenetic, a bit piece-meal, even confusing, but the food was what we came for and it didn't disappoint. The waiter, dressed for the rodeo, was impressive, professional, attentive and perfect. When the dishes came to the table he set them before us with precision and style. He wanted us to enjoy not only the tastes but also the sights of well-prepared and well-plated dishes. Everything was delicious. Beyond delicious. Unlike many Asian-style restaurants, Café Ginger prepares recipes where individual tastes come through even a dish with combined ingredients. Best part were the leftovers we enjoyed the next day. Come to Café Ginger and come hungry. It's wonderful.

• Visited March 2014
Houston, Texas
“I Crave their Excellent Food”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

This is an upper scale Chinese Restaurant and Sushi bar. I often eat at the restaurant where it is so fabulously decorated and kept spotless and wait staff is quality, attentive, and customer focused. But I also enjoy take out as well. My favorite dish is chicken and shrimp cashew with vegetable. I have them add shredded ginger. It is the perfect dish. A long with the meal you get soup, egg roll or crab puff and rice. I've had at least six of their menu selections and each one is wonderful. I also enjoy their hot tea. Stellar location and is impeccably kept. I love it and it is a must!

• Visited February 2014
Houston, Texas
“Great for sushi and chinese!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I started with the philadelphia roll and it was delish and good size for only $6. Miso soup was def not my fave. Entrees were split, we loved the garlic chicken which had great flavor and the most tender chicken breast but the orange beef was a weird texture and way too sweet. Great atmosphere and very quick service!

Visited July 2013