“I Crave their Excellent Food”
Review of Cafe Ginger

Cafe Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #518 of 8,310 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Driscoll/South Shepherd
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

This is an upper scale Chinese Restaurant and Sushi bar. I often eat at the restaurant where it is so fabulously decorated and kept spotless and wait staff is quality, attentive, and customer focused. But I also enjoy take out as well. My favorite dish is chicken and shrimp cashew with vegetable. I have them add shredded ginger. It is the perfect dish. A long with the meal you get soup, egg roll or crab puff and rice. I've had at least six of their menu selections and each one is wonderful. I also enjoy their hot tea. Stellar location and is impeccably kept. I love it and it is a must!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Ginger

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I started with the philadelphia roll and it was delish and good size for only $6. Miso soup was def not my fave. Entrees were split, we loved the garlic chicken which had great flavor and the most tender chicken breast but the orange beef was a weird texture and way too sweet. Great atmosphere and very quick service!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Three visits so far and all have been great. Timely, professional service. Classy, comfortable atmosphere (decor is a bit dramatic but it's a conversation piece at the least). Of course, the biggest draw is the cuisine. I've tried 6 or 8 items on the menu, all that were above my expectation. Full bar and generous wine list, as well. Cafe Ginger has become my favorite Chinese place in Houston.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Chinese food just OK - lots better in Houston. Service was surprisingly inept - usually Chinese restaurant servers are really on the ball - ours didn't speak very good English and ordering was a bit confusing. It's reasonably priced for the location but not for Chinese food.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I love going to Cafe Ginger for lunch. It's quiet enough that you can carry on a business conversation without having to yell across the table, the food is good and the prices are very reasonable. I always ask for Victor to wait on me, and I've never been disappointed with the food, service or quality.