“Excellent Service”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Driscoll/South Shepherd
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The staff was highly attentive from the moment I set foot in cafe Ginger. The Miso soup was delicious, and the sushi fresh and tasty. I was given low sodium soy sauce and watched the bartender make drinks with obvious care and satisfaction in his craft. I was given a choice of some quality cold sake drinks, and loved the choice I made. Again, the service was top-notch. The evening was enjoyable and tasty.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I dined here for Valentine's Day. I have never had a waitress so polite, attentive, accessible, and knowledgeable about the menu and wines. I could not believe the food was so flavorful and tasty. The calamari was great; the accompanying sauce is spicy and very unique. My husband ordered the Won Ton soup and said it was spectacular. The General Tso's Chicken and Mongolian Beef were seasoned well, and hot upon arrival. Our food arrived 10 minutes after ordering, which was great. They have an awesome wine selection. We ordered plum wine and enjoyed it.

Other reviews suggest the decorations are overwhelmingly gaudy and distasteful. Personally, I think they're a reflection of Asian culture and are grand. I loved them.

The only thing that bothered me is the waitress' name. She was obviously Asian but had an American name like Betty. I sure hope the restaurant didn't force her to choose an American name to make it easier for the patrons to pronounce. If so, I personally think its awful to ask someone to modify their identity for someone else's convenience. But, I'm not sure this is the case.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were a party of three. Two ordered from the cooked foods menu, I ordered from the sushi menu. My group was half way through their meal when my food finally arrived. They politely kept coming by saying "your sushi will be right out!"
Or person ordered the sea bass, it was lovely. My sushi was not the freshest tasting, the rice was not fresh. Going to have to go with eh on the sushi. I am a sushi-aholic and it just wasn't that good. Perhaps they are best with the cooked foods.
Staff seemed preoccupied. Chatting to each other amongst the tables.
Beautiful room. Buddha meets 2013.

1  Thank TheShortList
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I recently visited Cafe Ginger with a visiting relative and had a wonderful, tasty dinner with plenty for leftovers. In fact, our relative took some of the leftovers with her for dinner on her plane ride home. Our relative had a beef dish made with beef tenderloin that was tender and delicious. My wife had a chicken dish and I had a shredded pork dish that were equally good. The atomosphere is better than most local Chinese restaurants and one of the principal reasons we selected Cafe Ginger for dinner with our guest. The service was good on a very busy night. Contrary to other reviewers, we found their martinis to be dry, strong, tasty and well made. We've eaten at Cafe Ginger previously during the lunch hour and found their lunch menu, which includes soup, egg roll or crab rangoon and entree, to be an extremely good value. On the downside, we have tried their shrimp and scallops at lunch and found them to be overcooked (we prefer them less cooked than most restaurants prepare). Depending on how you like you seafood, we'd recommend staying with the chicken, beef, and pork dishes which are all very good.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This place has really good Chinese food as well as sushi.The place is a bit expensive compared to other asian restaurants but you are getting quality here and thus paying for it. They also have a really large wine menu.