“Quality ingredients, excellent service, hip atmosphere”

Etoile Cuisine et Bar
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Post Oak Blvd.
Description: Visit Etoile Cuisine et Bar for an inviting, warm, European environment where fine French food is front and center. Chef Philippe offers a traditional and seasonal menu that changes to offer the freshest produce and ingredients available. Chef Philippe combines his native, regional fare and the idea of fresh, local ingredients with modern food concepts to create distinctive and delicious dishes.
Reviewed September 4, 2016

I took my mom here for a special meal. I wanted to treat her to a nice meal, and I'm so glad I chose etoile. The waiter was knowledgeable about the dishes but also did a great job of describing them in a very passionate way. He made me want all the dishes he described! Their wine selection was wonderful as well. Desserts were amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant for a nice meal.

Date of visit: October 2015
Write a reviewReviews (334)

Reviewed September 4, 2016

My wife's choice was A+. Went out for a romantic dinner and it was mouth-watering from start to finish. Superb ingredients, creative presentation, excellent service, and wonderful staff.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 28, 2016

To celebrate my birthday, I chose a top-notch French restaurant to enjoy. They were kind enough to accommodate us; seating us post-theater at 5:00 with the understanding that the table belonged to someone else at 6:30. Our waiter was extremely efficient with just a small flare of insouciance. We knew we were being observed, but not obnoxiously. Everything was timed wonderfully. There was not much time between appetizers and main course, but being American, that made us very happy. We chose from the Houston Restaurant week menu which worked out well. Everything came to the table very hot, except for the beef tartar, thankfully. We will definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 28, 2016

The service from the moment you arrive was excellent. The food was amazing, but it was also a great experience. The attention to detail for every course by the chef and the wait staff was superb and at the end of the meal, the dessert was excellent. Millefeuille Framboise-Pistache. . . definitely get this.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed August 27, 2016

We ate here for our anniversary the other evening and were beyond impressed!!! Our food was AMAZING!!! Our service was AMAZING!!!! Our server, Ali, was so knowledgeable of both the wine list and menu, we could not have had a better waiter. The flavor of our food was better than I could have imagined.
I definitely recommend this restaurant!! I am so mad we have not ever been before. We normally stick to the high end steakhouses in town. Our experience here blew the other restaurants out of the water. I cannot say enough!

Date of visit: August 2016