“Second Trip to this Gem”

Etoile Cuisine et Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Etoile Cuisine et Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Post Oak Blvd.
Description: Visit Etoile Cuisine et Bar for an inviting, warm, European environment where fine French food is front and center. Chef Philippe offers a traditional and seasonal menu that changes to offer the freshest produce and ingredients available. Chef Philippe combines his native, regional fare and the idea of fresh, local ingredients with modern food concepts to create distinctive and delicious dishes.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

One of the joys of living in this town is the ability to quite consistently go on explorations to discover great places to eat. This is one of those great places to eat. The quality of the food on both occasions that I have been there is quite amazing. Very correctly, they separate the traditional menu on the "La Tradition" menu, which includes the typical French classics and the "La Saison," which puts a French spin on things to create wonderful dishes, although the classification is not mutually exclusive. We were there one week ago with a party of 7 to celebrate a college graduation. The first time I went there (with my French class!), I had the "Moules Saint Jean de Luz" as an appetizer. Delicious! It can also be a main dish when ordered in a larger size. Very well done. I had the duck, "Magret de Canard aux Myrtilles." If you like duck, you will love this one! I have eaten duck in a few places, but this has to be one of the top duck dishes I have had. If you don't like duck, I suggest you put this dish on your bucket list! Absolutely great. This second time, in the spirit of always trying something new, I ordered the "Risotto de Homard." I had gotten a taste of this from my wife the previous time we were there and it was great. Imagine a risotto tasting of basil and of course green, with a very generous piece of lobster and a foam of lobster essence on top. I cannot say enough about this dish. You can also order as a main dish, and I just may do that next time. They have specials as well and I had the Cote de Boeuf with Bearnaise sauce. Very, very good! Don't forget the Profiteroles, puffs full of vanilla ice cream and topped with cholcolate sauce. I had to pass on dessert this last time and just opted for a Calvados. What can I say? If you are around here any time and want a great dinner, stop by. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a great time in this restaurant! Food was delicious and the service impecable! The pllace is well decorated although a bit noisy but it's woth returning for the excelence of its cuisine.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have eaten at Etoile on several occasions and it never disappoints. French food and wine in a comfortable and relaxed setting. It doesn't get much better than this.....

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I'm a Houston native and I've been here twice. It is arguably in the top three of the finest food in Houston. Sadly the service takes away from the experience. Our waiter didn't speak good English or any French, and could not explain the items on the menu. The few items he tried to explain, most notably the fois gras, were explained inaccurately and resulted in us having surprises set in front of us. They were beautifully prepared and delicious, but not what we wanted or expected. Perhaps worse, the servers interrupted us constantly to ask if we wanted our water glasses refilled. Just fill the damn glass and let us continue enjoying each other. For equally beautiful food at a similar price point and a far, far better experience I would go to Mark's. For an evening where you can enjoy your dining companions with few interruptions and with the most professional service and very very good food, I go to Brennan's.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Excellent Goat cheese crusted in slide almonds salad
The special of the day was a salmon-scallops-shrimp in a reduction of safran butter with veggetables mushrooms and blue potatoes
Worth a stop !!!