“Nice French classics”

Etoile Cuisine et Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Etoile Cuisine et Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 8,399 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Post Oak Blvd.
Description: Visit Etoile Cuisine et Bar for an inviting, warm, European environment where fine French food is front and center. Chef Philippe offers a traditional and seasonal menu that changes to offer the freshest produce and ingredients available. Chef Philippe combines his native, regional fare and the idea of fresh, local ingredients with modern food concepts to create distinctive and delicious dishes.
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Celebrated my birthday at Étoile last night and enjoyed it. At first, we found the exceptional proximity of other diners off putting, but we quickly remembered that this is similar to what one would find in a restaurant in France. We had three courses and enjoyed all three. Service was just ok. The wine list was removed from my table without my realizing it and I had to ask another patron for a wine list. I was also asked to sample a Rhone red that I had ordered while I was eating foie gras and drinking a glass of Sauternes. I deferred knowing that it would taste terrible with what I had in my mouth. C'est-à-dire that it looks like servers need a little training with wine service, especially since it is inseparable from the food being served at Étoile. It is also important, because the wine is often more expensive than the food, and it deserves competent service. This is meant as constructive criticism, because we really enjoyed the meal and will definitely return. Anyone who enjoys French cuisine will like Étoile.

Monica B, Owner at Etoile Cuisine et Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thanks for celebrating your birthday with us! We appreciate you taking the time to give us some constructive criticism. While they are well-versed in our wine selection, it sounds like our servers could use a refresher. We'll be sure to keep your feedback in mind going forward!

Merci beaucoup,

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for good glass of wine... walking in uptown after a long day of Christmas shopping we ended up in Etoile with our 3 years old son. Right from the door we were well received, exceptionally served by a french wiater who suggested a great french wine and we ordered a couple of delicious plates....Excellent dining experience. We'll definitely be back whenever we are back in Houston....

Monica B, Owner at Etoile Cuisine et Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

We were more than happy to provide you with a good glass of wine and some delicious plates after a long day of Christmas shopping. The staff will be delighted to hear your kind words as well! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review — we're looking forward to the next time you're in Houston!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Another awesome dining experience. I needed a break during a day of intense shopping on December 24 - lunch at Etoile was the answer. I have been to this resaurant several times for lunch and dinner and in groups up to 6 persons. Each experience was as good as the previous one. I highly recommend the sole meauniere, short ribs, duck confit, cassoulet, mussels with chorizo, etc! Mainly French wine list with several well priced selections. Overall, very good value.

Monica B, Owner at Etoile Cuisine et Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thanks for thinking of us amid the holiday rush, Mark! It was our pleasure to provide you some respite from that intense shopping. We hope you'll think of us next time you're headed out to eat!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited this restaurant with a group of friends. The service was excellent. The menu and the food was very authentic. In short, I would recommend this restaurant as the closest French dining experience you can get in Houston.

Monica B, Owner at Etoile Cuisine et Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thanks for your recommendation! We're flattered to hear you think ours is the most authentic French dining experience in Houston. Hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

If you can't fly to Paris for dinner then Etoile is the place! Absolutely fabulous food with magnificent service! Two couples....four appetizers.....foie gras, escargot, mussels and seared foie gras....all were super. The mains....sole, filet with peppercorn sauce, braised lamb shank and risotto.....all were deserving of a comeback trip. Sure we had desert, coffee and great wine! Wonderful restaurant....looking forward returning!

Monica B, Owner at Etoile Cuisine et Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you for this stellar recommendation! Reading that you think our food is the closest thing to Paris absolutely made our day — that's a compliment we won't soon forget. We can't wait to have you back!

Merci beaucoup,