“Best I've been to in a while....”

Etoile Cuisine et Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Etoile Cuisine et Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Post Oak Blvd.
Description: Visit Etoile Cuisine et Bar for an inviting, warm, European environment where fine French food is front and center. Chef Philippe offers a traditional and seasonal menu that changes to offer the freshest produce and ingredients available. Chef Philippe combines his native, regional fare and the idea of fresh, local ingredients with modern food concepts to create distinctive and delicious dishes.
Houston, TX
“Best I've been to in a while....”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'll keep it simple.... This place was dang good! After hearing several friends and family rate it so highly, my wife and I decided to give it a visit. Had the short ribs..... amazing.

Will go back again, and probably again.

• Visited August 2013
Monica B, Owner at Etoile Cuisine et Bar, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
What a delightful review! It's wonderful to hear it was love at first visit for you and your wife. The feeling certainly is mutual!

Until next time,

Houston, Texas, United States
“New French restaurant in town--worth a visit”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Etoile is new to Houston and a wonderful addition to the Houston restaurant scene. The owners moved from San Diego and it is our gain and their loss. My wife has eaten here several times and she finally got me to come along. The restaurant setting is trendy and comfortable. Having recently visited France, it reminded me of a couple of places in Beaune.

I had the duck, which was perfectly prepared and my wife had the fish of the day--also excellent. Desert was great too.

Their wine list is good with a variety of French and American wines. They have some reasonable priced bottles that are not marked up the usual over-priced amounts. For example we had a bottle of Domain Chandon Etoile rose that was only $2 over list price.

We will return soon and added it to our recommended restaurant list.

• Visited August 2013
You had us at "Having recently visited France, it reminded me of a couple of places in Beaune." Next to customer satisfaction, keeping with French dining traditions is our top priority, so it's great to hear you appreciate our authenticity. We can't wait to have you back to give more of our dishes a try!

'Til then,
Houston
“A true French Chef in Houston!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Went there with some friends for the second time, and it is as amazing as the first time. You can tell the chef is a true French chef. Also, he's always there, in the kitchen. Not one of those Chef that just puts his name on the restaurant and just comes once a month to pickup the profit. From the apertizer to the entree to the deserts, everything is delicious and well executed. Just make sure to make a reservation, because they are packed every night of the week. Again, Bravo to the Chef!

• Visited August 2013
Thank you so much! We realize it's been more than a month since you wrote your review, but we wanted to reach out to let you know how much we appreciate your compliments. You've always got a spot at our table!

All the best,
Houston, Texas
“Delicious French cuisine served in an interesting room decor.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Interior stone walls morphing into blue streaked planking. Smoked chandeliers hanging between exposed beams. Comfy chairs. French country look was casual yet very chic.
Foie Gras au Torchon was excellent no make that decadent!
Coq au Vin was so tender. Falling off the bone. Deep dark sauce. Creamy potatoes. Tiny Mushrooms. I could do without the cauliflower though. (Not my thing)
Very good bread!
Attentive waiters.
Cannot wait to go back again when I can stay awhile and enjoy a glass of wine with my meal!

• Visited July 2013
Your review is music to our ears! It's great to hear that you found so many items on our menu suited to your tastes. We can't wait to have you back for that glass of wine!

'Til then,
Houston
“I am soooo sorry......it took me so long to visit”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I had been waiting to get together with a particular friend, whereas she loves French Cuisine. The wait was more than worth it. Melt in your mouth Chilean Sea Bass, beautifully steamed PEI Mussels (as good as I have ever had or better) and a wine list that was vibrant and exciting. Be warned - the chocolate desserts are not for the faint of heart. Simply put, I don't know how it could be better. I have been twice now, so this is not a fluke, folks.

Tired of "tired" service professionals? The wait staff at Etoile is at the top of their game. Put the menu down and let them do what they obviously love and are trained to do - help you DINE. If you are looking for dinner that is a 45 minute quickie? Please don't go to Etoile. Put your cell phones away and enjoy a lovely dinner. Leave the texting, phone calls and other social annoyances for another night and another restaurant.

Great atmosphere, beautiful décor, and not for the overly pretentious crowd. Leave the stereotypes at home and visit Etoile's this week. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013