“Spend some money and take care of the little things”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks
Ranked #283 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Spend some money and take care of the little things”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Just spent the weekend at your hotel again and I just have to finally speak up - To the owner, you keep the holiday inn standards of clean bathrooms, but spend a bit of money on
1) Decent toilet paper - I stay at other HI all the time and they have somewhat decent toilet paper. Your's is like sandpaper. You've actually downgraded over the past year. Cheap Cheap Cheap
2) Fidx the ice machine on floor 4. It's been out of commission over 2 years
3) Fix the morning beverage dispenser - the Cranberry hasn't worked for over a year.
4) Fix your linens. The mattress pad is so cheap, it slips all over so you wake up and the sheets have come off the bed.

This hotel is in a highly populated area for travelers and has plenty of business. I would think you would want to take that extra step to insure that we return, rather than go to the other hotels across the street. I'm beginnig to think I'll pay the extra $10 a night for these little things.

Switching to the Hampton Inn Across the street as of today.

Room Tip: Select another hotel if you like the little things, such as your sheets staying on the bed. Thius h...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear jlc1520,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the amenities prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were truly pleased to see such high scores for Service, Cleanliness, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the staff at this hotel is great. Mary at the front desk is super professional. As a platinum ambassador with IHG she went above and beyond to make my stay a pleasant one. The hotel is clean and in a good location.

My only complaint is that the Wi-Fi is a little sketchy. It will commonly drop out and stop working. As this is a business hotel I feel that more attention should be paid to it. At one point the internet went out for several hours. When I called the front desk they told me I would need to contact the internet company. That is like the elevator not working and them asking me to call the repair man. Apparently this was at the request of the internet company and not the hotel. I refuse to call as this is an advertised amenity. If they can't provide internet with out wasting the time of the guests then take it off of the features list. I imagine I am not the only business class guest to find this a little ridiculous.

Otherwise this is a great hotel. I would stay again if it was not for business. Internet is too important for me.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2013

when i had a problem with the Courtyard down the street i selected this as a plan B-
it is now my plan A. Rooms were large and comfortable, very clean and very helpful staff. Just outside your door you have two different places to eat and both offer carryout. I also had a meeting at the hotel. 20+ people and the room was excellent and set up just as requested. Prices were very acceptable, even though just of a very busy highway - did not pick up any road noise in the room

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Addison, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

There is not much in the way of hotels or motels to pick from in this specific area. And certainly almost nothing that is a "name brand" nor of a newish construction. I have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express across the country, usually for business.
They are always clean and functional and the 100% non-smoking policy in the newer HI Express locations is a nice plus, or a good discipline (depending on your particular challenge!). The big surprise in this location was the size of the rooms....if you travel by yourself you could "get lost". If there are two or more of you, you will not risk bumping into each other. Bed linens a cut above. AC/heat
controlled in the room. Breakfast is standard HI Express freebie. Front desk is "young" and not well versed on area, but very accommmodating for special guest requests. Good weekend price deals if you are in town for a wedding or other event. I was visiting Houston with another couple who usually stays 20 miles less convenient, at a higher end major brand that costs more, but they stayed here because they had the car and did not want to leave me stranded. They too were surprised at the size of their room and accoutraments. Now this is their hotel choice when heading to Houston. Best restaurant choice directly across the street is a Chili's.

Room Tip: Ask for the mezzanine level.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hotel offers best location on Highway 6 that's close to such big oil companies like Exxon, Chevron....it's also five minute from West Oak Mall. Room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Hotel is fairly new with all modern amenities It also offers reasonable rate for compatible hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Nathantran,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Somerville, New Jersey
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed two nights recently while visiting friends. Everything was clean and well-kept and my room was very comfortable. I used the fitness center and was happy to find towels, water and all the machines in working order. Breakfast was better than I was expecting, loved the cinnamon rolls! I thought the value for the price was very good and I would definitely stay at another Holiday Inn Express based on this experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I frequently travel to Houston for business. I was pleasantly surprised with this hidden gem! The staff is one of the best I have experienced- very friendly and outgoing, and willing to help in any way. The rooms are clean and modern, and the breakfast is the icing on the cinnamon roll!

• Stayed July 2013