“This place is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Awesome ambiance, and great gelato!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gelato Cup

Gelato Cup
Ranked #75 of 156 Dessert in Houston
Houston, Texas
“This place is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Awesome ambiance, and great gelato!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

This place is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Awesome ambiance, and great gelato! I love coming to this shopping complex since it has so much to do, and every time I go, I always make sure to pay a visit to this place. Cons - it is a little pricy, and they ONLY take cash

• Visited April 2014

Williamstown, Massachusetts
“Wonderful flavors and pleasant service.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Gelato Cup has both exotic and more familiar flavors of gelatin and sorbets. I Had a great combination of black sesame and rich dark chocolate. Our friend said that the pistachio is the best she has ever tasted. For green tea lovers, the green tea gelato is terrific.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Gelato Cup ~ I recommend to everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Dinner on a Friday night is always fun, no matter where you go. But dessert on a Friday night? Oh yes, this is when I splurge!!

After having some asian food nearby, the hubs and I were craving something cold and asiany, asianee, asian like, or asian influenced?!!

I remember seeing Gelato Cup when I was at HK Dim Sum (which is located a few doors down) a few weeks ago so I figured we should try them out.

As you walk in, there are tables to the left and right. The counter is located all along the left side wall. There are pictures of fast food like Roti Canai and the desserts. You immediately see the gelato, sorbet and icee displayed in the typical ice cream type of cooler. I was looking for the green tea flavor and I saw it! I asked for a sample, and BLAH! It was not as good as I had hoped! Darn! I perused through everything else and I figured I cannot go wrong with mango gelato. I got a single scoop of that and it was $3.37 plus tax I think. While I waited, my hun got his stuff.

Dagnaaaaaamit! My mango was okay..but it did not taste like mango. It tasted more like a tart fruit. Blah!

Since I got the mango gelato, my hun and I thought he should get something other than gelato.....something more ethnic..like the sago (mini tapioca) or boba or shaved ice or whatever. Then we saw the delicious looking red bean mochi in the coconut sago. Oh yes...we must have that!!

The red bean mochi was probably the best dessert I have had in a while. The red bean ice cream was wrapped around a rice flour type dough that may seem undercooked, but once you chew that sucker with the ice cream and the coconut tapioca balls and coconut milk..omg..you are in heaven!!

I will definitely head back here to try their other items, but I will be sure to get the mochi sago thingymabob again. Soooo yummmmmmmmmmmm.

Service was great by the way. There were about 3 ladies working behind the counter and there were a ton of peeps getting all kinds of crap. Everyone was nice and the place itself was clean looking.

And if you hate feeling pressured to place an order (as you always feel when you are at an asian place)...don't worry. There are pictures outside of the suite so that you can see what looks good and what you may want to order. There are descriptions as well.

Happy Eating!!