“Great malaysian food coming from a true malaysian reviewer”

Mamak Malaysian Restaurant
Ranked #1,057 of 8,311 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Superb food served here! Feels like being back to malaysia again! Love their curry and Assam laksa! Truly malaysian! Great tasty chendol too! Highly recommended if you love malaysian food. No other place better than this. Been to numerous Malaysian restaurant in Houston. This is second to none. Try it and you'll fall in love!

There are newer reviews for Mamak Malaysian Restaurant

Reviewed April 26, 2014

An Indonesian friend recommended this place to us and the food was absolutely great! I have never had Indonesian/ Malaysian food before so I cannot compare to other restaurants but based on what was ordered the food was great and very reasonable. Is family style dining so dishes are ordered to be shared and the price is very good! Was about $200 for 5 of us and we ordered about 10 different dishes.
The beef satay is absolutely amazing, the fish orders are an entire fish and go adventurous with the dessert. We tried the shaved ice with jello.... Sounds weird but was great!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A Malaysian friend recommended this restaurant to me and I thought I would try it. For me it was quite the drive to get there. The atmosphere was nice enough. The service was average at best. Our meal was a mess of very mixed reviews. The Roti with Curry Sauce was very good, the Chow Kueh Teow was OK. the something Lemek we enjoyed. The seafood flat noodles had a very different flavor...a bit too oily tasting for me.

1  Thank C B
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Having eaten Malaysian food before I was glad to find this place but this turned out to disappointment as it's not a true Malaysian restaurant. Our meal was salty, a far cry from the Malay food we remember. We are not likely to return to this place.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Last time I commented that the flavors were lacking from what we are used to from Singapore and Malaysia. We came back to check and it seems things are MUCH better now. Five stars.

We had Satay (mixed), Beef Rendang, Singapore Laksa Noodles,and the Flaming Spareribs. All were flavorful, fresh, and tasty.

The staff was very helpful, prompt and friendly.

We are so pleased that there are now several Malaysian Restaurants to choose from in Houston. I wish we had hawker stalls, but this is the next best thing.

1  Thank mikel12323