“Best bbq in Houston, tx”
Review of Gatlin's BBQ

Gatlin's BBQ
Ranked #94 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Brisket to die for, pork that melts in your mouth, ribs that are juicy and hot links that won't burn you up ! Miss Mary serves up an awesome lunch. Be prepared to wait in line as this place is no secret but the food comes out pretty fast. If you are in the area and want bbq, don't hesitate, get over to Gatlin's !

There are newer reviews for Gatlin's BBQ

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We visited here after reading the rave reviews. We were NOT disappointed! Short wait and the food was unbelievably delicious! Would have never stopped here as not for the reviews. The place is tiny and in a not so great part of town, but well worth the trip.

The ribs were fall off the bone tender and lots of meat. The pulled pork was lean, tender and very tasty. The brisket was the same. The BBQ sauce is served on the side so you can add as little or as much as you would like. The coleslaw was also delicious and the dirty rice was good. Although I was stuffed, I forced myself to have the bread pudding...the best I have ever eaten!!!

If you want the best BBQ..this is a must visit!!!!

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

If your in it for the BBQ this is the best Houston had to offer, but it is like so many great Texas BBQ places getting through the line isn't always pleasant.

Both their brisket and Ribs are exceptional. I always order enough so I can eat at least an extra meal or two. Even reheated it might be better than most other options in Houston.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

***Tip: get there early, know the menu ahead of time, and enjoy the food without great expectations

I arrived 30 minutes prior to opening. Being from the St Louis area and having lived in NC where even the President acknowledges how awesome our hometown BBQ is, I was hopeful.

The meat was tender and good. Rice was good. Brisket was very good. Desserts I desired were out.

I will keep searching. But I requested some Blueberry Chipotle sauce from my favorite NC place and will match it with Gatlin's on my next visit.

**they should have a large chalkboard out front/outside that is constantly updated with items they have run out of. I would have hated to wait an hour plus only to find out they are out of my food request.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Gaitlin's is a relative newcomer to the Houston BBQ scene. This physically small restaurant produces some of Houston's best barbecue. Go for lunch, as their hours are roughly noon to seven.

Service is idiosyncratic, as often happens in a small place. Sides are competent but unexceptional. The meat, however, is well worth the trip. Gaitlin's consistently produces some of the best BBQ in Houston.

This is a place to watch. As it matures, I expect that it will eclipse some of the long-time champions of the Houston BBQ scene.