“Great place to see a game”

BBVA Compass Stadium
Ranked #45 of 312 things to do in Houston
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a great addition BBVA Stadium is to Houston. It is a beautiful facility that I have been to many times to see the Dynamo play. There really isn't a bad seat in the place. Concessions are good though pricey (but not unexpected for a stadium). There are some good bars and restaurants very close for pre and post-game.

Of course, you can always find areas to improve upon:
it can get really hot because the airflow is poor unless you're sitting at the top
parking can be a challenge if you dont want to pay for it.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I recently was converted to a soccer fan after the 2010 world Cup! After seeing all the hype and excitement that soccer fans put forth, I became intrigued. I had so much fun that I had no choice but to follow suit and start paying more attention to soccer. I stay in Houston and our team is the Dynamo! Our team has great history so I finally checked out the stadium and I was impressed. The energy there was awesome and to me, there wasn't a bad seat in the house. The stadium is new so it has a very fresh look to it but the die hard Dynamo fans really bring the stadium to life!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This 22,100 seat stadium is one of the most energetic stadiums in the U.S. Dynamo fans love their team and a visitor gets that message quickly. The 2013 season will give people a longer calendar period to attend games (March thru Oct. vs. mid-May to Oct. in 2012), enabling the team to minimize the number of games played during Houston's real hot months (June, July and August). The team has been in the MLS playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years, so it is a fun product to watch.

1  Thank LHTex
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had the misfortune of going to a soccer game that started at 2 pm in May. We had seats that were not covered and it was like a sauna. We are used to the heat as we live in this area, but this was toooo much! We finally moved to a standing area that was covered and that was tolerable. I recommend that the city cover the seating in this stadium if they continue to have games in the afternoon. (I can't imagine what the players were feeling!)

1  Thank omaopatravellers
Reviewed October 25, 2012

While on business I decided to attend a game and was truly pleased with the experience. Great new stadium that just opened in May. Tickets are incredibly reasonable and the experience was a blast. Arrive early and grab a beer or two at the nearby pubs. Park on the west side of the stadium for a reasonable $5 -$10 with easy access to hwy 45. A great night of entertainment, sport and excitement.

1  Thank Paul B