“Good food and BYOB”

Njoy Thai
Ranked #947 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Always looking for good BYOB places - this is on my list. The food is pretty good, the location is convenient (parking - as with anything inside the loop can be a challenge though there is some parking up front), service was OK.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I went to lunch at Njoy Thai. We were very disappointed with the food. We were hoping to add another Thai restaurant to our favorites list based on the reviews here. Sadly, the entire meal was a disappointment. All of the meals tasted like they were prepared by a chef trained in Chinese cooking rather than authentic Thai cooking. The Tom Yum soup had thick broth that resembled Chinese hot and sour soup more than Thai Tom Yum and was not very spicey or flavorful.

The soft spring rolls were the low point of the meal. The soft wrappers tasted so strongly of perfume, we could not eat them. Our best guess was that the person who prepared them used hand lotion shortly before preparing the rolls.

The entrees never made up for the starters. Again, they tasted more like a mediocre Chinese entrees than fresh Thai meals.

We may try to visit again, to see if we hit them on an off day.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Njoy has taken over the space previously housing Fabio's.

I was visiting friends in the metro area and decided to come together here for good food and conversation. This small restaurant is producing some of the best Thai food in the city. The spring rolls were a piece of art and the fried fish entree was delectable with attention being paid to the amount of spiciness that I requested. The presentation of the food was beautiful and the taste was scrumptious. The wait staff was attentive and willing to explain the various items on the menu along with asking for your preference in the "heat" factor.

Njoy is a BYOB establishment so be sure to bring a bottle of wine to complement your meal.

I am sure that on my next trip to Houston that Njoy will be on my list of must visit restaurants.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Luv this place. Not pretentious. Casual mom and pop place. The food is good, simple, and very tasty. The flavors of the Tom Yum Soup are wonderful especially if you are feeling a bit under the weather or if it's cold outside. I don't think I have had a bad dish. It is a small restaurant so not the best for large parties. Just a great place to have a great meal.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Service was perfect and so was the food. First time I've had good Thai food since being back in the south.

1  Thank backmask