“Fantastic pad thai”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Fantastic pad thai”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family and I read the awesome review of this place in the Houston Press and decided to come here last night for dinner. When we walked in they told us we parked in the wrong place, but thankfully one of the owners was gracious enough to move her car so that we could park in front of the restaurant without having to park in the other parking lot across the street. I ordered the chicken pad thai (a favorite of mine), while my family ordered the pineapple fried rice and the pad prik kling. We also ordered the chicken wings for an appetizer. The wings weren't spectacular, but they were very juicy. My pad thai came wrapped in an omelet which was a very nice touch, instead of having the egg chopped up into the pad thai. Once I broke into the omelet, I was met with a beautiful plate of stir-fried noodles interlaced with chicken and vegetables. I'm so glad I ordered this dish because it tasted just as good as it looked. However, I can't say the same for the other entrees we ordered. The fried rice came out in a "pineapple bowl", which was really just a halved pineapple with the insides carved out. The presentation was nice but the fried rice was just average. The pad prik kling was also average. While the other dishes weren't as great, the service more than made up for it. We will be coming back here a second time to try out new dishes.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Texas2829

Houston, Texas
“My go-to place for Thai”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent service, great food. Parking can be an issue occasionally (overflow lot is available across the street). They have a very reasonably priced lunch menu as well.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank jokah
Houston, Texas
“Authentic Thai food and BYOB”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Small, intimate restaurant off of Westheimer. My husband and I went out for date night on a Friday night after seeing good reviews on Yelp. We were not disappointed.

Upon arrival, we used the complimentary valet parking, although we overheard someone else saying they found self parking close by. We were greeted quickly and seated. We ordered spring rolls for an appetizer, which came out quickly and was VERY good. We were surprised to find out that currently the place is BYOB - they don't yet have their license to serve alcohol. I actually look at that as a perk, and next time we go we'll take our own. The couple next to us actually left, walked to the nearby liquor store, and came back with a bottle of wine.

Dinner was equally as tasty as our appetizer. We both had curry dishes, which tasted just like the curry we had when in Thailand this past February. Service was quick and attentive - we felt well taken care of. For dessert, we had coconut milk ice cream with fried bananas... heavenly. What a way to finish off a meal!

Best yet, our total bill (with tip) was barely over $40 for two entress, an appetizer, and a dessert.

If you want a more authentic Thai experience, check out Njoy Thai!

• Visited August 2012