“It Was Cool” 3 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“It Was Cool”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went to Improv during our Houston trip, Jay Pharoah from SNL performed funny guy however, the cost for food & drinks are a bit high priced. We paid $40 for two drinks and two orders of fries there is a two item per person minimum but I think it should be changed to one item per person due to the cost of ticket prices. Its located in a great area with restaurants, movie theaters and shopping. The staff were friendly and courteous even allowed us to change our seats. Overall it was a cool time and we would go again

Visited July 2013

Cape Town Central, South Africa
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Laugh a minute”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Attended the Houston Improv for the 22h30 show last night and what a great evening we had. Comedian Shawn Patton is brilliant and we were roaring from the minute he arrived on stage. Drinks service was super friendly and what a way to unwind.
Thanks for laughs Shawn and Co.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank John B
Houston, Texas, United States
184 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 202 helpful votes
“Better seating would be nice!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Improv is alright for a Comedy Club. They're located in a good area off of I-10 and 6-10 in the Marquee entertainment center. I think it's very spacious and has a lot of potential but the seating to me just wasn't properly designed. Places like this in my opinion should be designed with stadium seating so everybody can see the stage. When we got there, it was okay because we had a table with booth seating on one side and my a date and I sat on the booth. However, there was a group of women who came in late and they were seated at our open seats in front of us and two of them were kind of tall and pretty much made it impossible to see the performer. On top of that, the staff doesn't really come around much so if you don't order something in the very beginning, you probably won't get something for a while if you're looking to be waited on. I would give this place 2 stars but I gave it 3 because I believe it has a lot of potential to be better.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank ZexSwain
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lacking Customer Focus”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

A good business recognize and take pride in the service they provide. However, Improv Houston seems to think their employees take precedence over the need of their customers.

I stood by the window for 15 mins waiting on two employees engaged in conversation while a third was on the phone having a personal conversation. The two employees finally walked away and the remaining person on the phone turned her back to me. So I walked away feeling unworthy of their business. I would not want anyone to be humiliated in such a way where the focus on the customer is their last order of responsibility. Stay away from this place - you will not be appreciated. There are many other comedy clubs in Houston that would deeply appreciate your business.

Visited February 2013