“Great Atmosphere”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maxie
Transit: Metro bus #27
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went there on a girl's night out. Definfitely unique. Beautiful deco... very sexy atmosphere. ( I mean thet iuna classy way). Very diverse clientele. Felt like I was in Europe. The staff was very freindly , although at times the service was a bit slow. Apparently they got more crowded than they expected. I was mesmerized by the video of flamenco and belly dancers playing on the TV. The band was amazing!! Moodafooka ( I Think) The owner sat in for a few songs and he is lively and very talented. It made me want to get up and dance the flamenco.

Food was good. They do unique takes on some "common" dishes. Their calamari is topped with roasted tomatoes, capers, artichokes and lots of feta cheese. I had the wedge salad and it was delish... blue cheese and balsamic dressing, roasted artichokes, bacon and capers. Very unique. My friends had the flatbread pizza they said it was very good. It was huge for a "flatbread"

The only diasspointing thing about the place was the bar. Although they have a good selction of upscale liquors to choose from, I wasn't impressed with any of the drinks we had. Just average. I think I should have tried the sangria.

I should also mention the parking situation. The restaurant has a nice parking lot. However, the only option was valet ( cost $5). I dont like when you are forced to valet.

Overall the atmosphere and amazing music is what makes this place. I will be back.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We just happened upon this new place after dinner so I can't review the food. Sounds of LIVE Flamenco guitar drew us in immediately! Tonights entertainment was provided by the owner of this establishment. Very unique and interesting guy. Although the place is only 3 months old, he has successfully created an intimate atmosphere for small social gatherers. All enterntainers are local as well as the artwork displayed. Live music was very entertaining and engaging but we could still hold converstations at our table. The musician was very energetic and he was interactive with the audience. He played at our table 3 times and did so with the other customers in the room. During his set breaks he mingles throughout the room and chats with the customers. It is nice to finally find a place to enjoy drinks and live entertainment. Impressive list of wine and liquor at reasonable price (many items under $10). Their featured drink is the sangria wine and although I am not a fan of it, it was very tasty. Definitely a place to return to and try out the tapas, drinks, and Flamenco music!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great atmosphere, purpose built bar and restaurant. Beautiful! Service from bartender (Travis) was great. Did our tapas service as well. Sangria fresh, tasty, and potent! Choice for house red very good. Bar looked to be top shelf. Parking great for Houston, yea no valet! Food (Tapas)....dammit, not so great...if Mrs.Paul's made Calamari this would have been it. Empanadas over fried and bland....just no Love in the cooking that we had at all... average, Sysco-Esque, TGIF could have done it. There's way too much potential in this restaurant, location, and staff for this kind of food. It's early guys; let's fix it now!!

1  Thank 433AW