“Great Veggie Place”

Add it.
Roots Juice
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This new trendy, casual and affordably priced Houston hotspot boasts a communal vibe and a strong focus on health and going green.
Houston
“Great Veggie Place”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Roots Bistro is a vegetarian delight in a town full of meat and seafood. As the only veggie in the family and a native Texan, it is hard to find restaurants that cater to my tastes. During my holiday return home, I happened upon the bistro. Their sign had me at organic. The menu has so many great options for veggies and non veggies alike. I ordered the the beet ravioli as my app and it was PHENOMENAL! I was literally the scrapping up every dollop of beet purée as was the meat eater at the table. My main was the risotto with the same mushrooms they do for an app. I ate the whole serving! My mom ordered the ever popular poached lobster, which every table surrounding us had ordered. My mother ate every bit, as did the others around us who ordered it. So non-veggie folks, this is a must have! We closed the dinner with the bread pudding. It was very chocolaty. Again, my mom was a fan.

I am actually looking forward to coming back home to try their brunch menu. So stay tuned!

• Visited December 2012

London
“Lovely place”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The menu had a great variety, the wine cellar is amazing. The food was well presented and tasted lovely. This is a great place to go for a good meal and special occasions. The staff are friendly.

Visited October 2012
houston, texas
“out of avocado??? hot wine”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Had heard about this place from friends and saw some decent reviews so thought we would give it a try. Big mistake!! Ordered the kale and AVOCADO salad only to be told that they were out of avocados. How in the world does a restaurant in Houston,TX run out of avocado? There are 3 grocery stores within a 1 mile radius! Ordered a bottle of the amarone and the temparture of the wine was at least 75-80 degrees. Had to chill it for a minimum of 10-15 minutes to bring it to a reasonable temp. My girlfriend ordered the cerviche (sans the avocado) and she said it was good. I ordered the sliders. Was never asked how i wanted them prepared. Arrived medium well at best.Very dry and lacking of flavor. Ate about 3 bites and told our waitress they were overdone. To their credit they did take those off the bill. Additionally the overall service was poor at best. There are far too many great restuarants within a 5 mile radius of here to even consider returning. Perhaps we just caught them on a bad night but will not return. Will be surprised if this place is still open come March 1st.

• Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas
“Relaxed, hip & healthy.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Met a friend for lunch here last week. Everything looked and smelled delicious. The sprout salad was fresh and clean with the perfect combination of crisp and crunchy and a light lemony dressing. Sprinkled with a few pieces of nori - a nice touch of saltiness. Also had the Fuel juice. Left feeling happy and energized.

The staff is cheerful and efficient, they made us feel welcomed. Patio tables under a trellis. Great spot for a light healthy lunch.

Houston, Texas
“Amazing meal and very knowledgable bartender!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

First time at this wonderful restaurant ... Will definitely be back very soon! I learned about some wonderful wines and the okra dish may be one of the best things I've ever eaten. Great vegetarian dishes (although the do serve meat dishes that look delicious too) that are really creative. I'm lucky I live around the corner!

Visited October 2012